Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tonight's Yankees game?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ansky

ansky

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:14 PM

Is anyone able to find tonight's Yankees vs Marlins game on D*? ESPN is supposed to be showing the game in the NYC and Miami areas but I can't find it on any of the ESPN alternates. I called CS and they just gave me some BS response that ESPN is blacking out the game.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

I don't know what the deal is, I have cable and I'm getting the Astros/Sox game on both ESPN and ESPN HD. I had no problem with the first game on YES HD.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#3 OFFLINE   ansky

ansky

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:34 PM

It just came on channel 210.

#4 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:39 PM

A few minutes ago I went to ESPN, the guide info says Astros/Sox but it's actually the second game of the Yankees DH. Does me no good since the other games is on ESPN HD
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Down With Verizon!

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:24 AM

According the Radio during the day on Sunday,

The 2nd game for the Yankees was only available in very select markets..
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:26 AM

According the Radio during the day on Sunday,

The 2nd game for the Yankees was only available in very select markets..

Earl, nice try, but no cigar - I have D* with a BRONX NY ADDRESS, and the game was not on initially...it came on later on channel 210.

Given the minor detail that the Yankees play in the Bronx, I'd think the Bronx would be one of those "very select markets."

#7 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:29 AM

I am just saying what ESPN Radio was reporting during the day...

Wasn't the 2nd game the "make-up" game, thus it wasn't in the schedule?

I am not sure if DirecTV calls every network every 15 minutes to see if there are special events, or if was ESPN's responsibility to send a message to all the broadcasters...

But they did get it on, probably after enough people called... then DirecTV checked with ESPN, and then flipped the switch.

I would admit that I didn't check the 210 channel last night, as I was watching the White Sox game....
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#8 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:39 AM

Yeah, but isn't that the whole point of the 1239 ESPN Alternate channels that are on D*?

#9 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:09 AM

But if DirecTV doesn't know ESPN is going to be broadcasting on their alternative station.....
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#10 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:38 PM

Well, here we go again. It seems that this year's rules are different from last years. Last year I was able to see most home Yankee games in HD on YES (ch94 then). But, this year it is Not Available in my Area. There is no channel where I can see the game in HD. It is SD on 622, but where's YES HD? It seems that if I can get it on 622 then I should be able to get it in HD as well.

This whole thing is just plain stupid.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#11 OFFLINE   ScoBuck

ScoBuck

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:39 PM

Well, here we go again. It seems that this year's rules are different from last years. Last year I was able to see most home Yankee games in HD on YES (ch94 then). But, this year it is Not Available in my Area. There is no channel where I can see the game in HD. It is SD on 622, but where's YES HD? It seems that if I can get it on 622 then I should be able to get it in HD as well.

This whole thing is just plain stupid.

YES-HD is NOT on DirecTV tonight.

#12 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:49 PM

Why not?
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#13 OFFLINE   bobo

bobo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:57 PM

I called retention and they didn't even know Yankees were broadcast in HD. It seems whenever Yankees are on ESPN HD, DTV doesn't carry the YESHD feed so.....your stuck watching YES on 622 SDTV, because of Yankees blackout to local markets on ESPN.
They did say that there are some interactive features coming to YES soon, designed for those interactive receivers that are capable of channels in the thousands.

#14 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:07 PM

Why not?

Just watch SD! You're very spoiled.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#15 ONLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,754 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:20 PM

Tonights game IS in HD on Channel 95. BTW I agree with everything said thus far once you've seen a game in HD. You CANNOT compare that with the SD feed.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#16 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:21 PM

Just watch SD! You're very spoiled.

Yes I am. So what? :)

#17 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:44 PM

Yeah, why should we have to live with crappy NTSC when we can have glorious 1920 x 1080?

HD is the future, if you want to stay in the stone age go ahead, but watching sports in SD is painfull.
Down With Verizon!

#18 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:07 PM

Am I in heaven?

My home teams Mets and Yanks in HD on ESPN tonight, crystal clear 720p and Dolby 5.1, now this is the only way to watch a baseball game!
Down With Verizon!

#19 ONLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,754 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:36 PM

Too bad the Mets suddenly decided to bend over and take one, Steve...:D
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#20 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:39 PM

It doesn't even matter really. While I don't like the Yankees, I'll watch any MLB game that's in HD. I was never really much of a baseball fan until this season.
Down With Verizon!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...