Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

811 - P3.80 Software Release Notes and Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Golfer

Golfer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:23 PM

I keep seeing version 3.39 for the 811. My version of the software is 380, so what am I missing here?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,038 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:05 AM

P3.80 is the most current release and it is at full release at this time.

People that were having No-Info issues, at this time should power plug reboot, and please let me know if this helped in any way.

Jason

Model 811 Software Revision P3.80:

Fix for intermittent hang of DPP Twin LNBF which required power cycle reset previously to correct.

#3 OFFLINE   gajit21

gajit21

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:19 PM

I think i received the new software version sometime yesterday. Last night my 811 displayed the no info problem. I held in the power button and let it reset and do the guide download. Seems to be working fine now.
Dish 811 HD receiver P380
Dish 510 receiver P3.09
Kenwood 3080 AV Receiver
Dish D34W20 HD TV
Sceptre X37SV Naga LCD

#4 OFFLINE   bavaria72

bavaria72

I am one too!

• Gold Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:49 AM

....Fix for intermittent hang of DPP Twin LNBF which required power cycle reset previously to correct.[/LIST][/COLOR]

Oh now you tell me! :D So that explains a lot. Thanks for the info Jason. - Art
I'm back! Needed more than 1 HD feed.

#5 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

• Super Moderators
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:38 AM

Oh now you tell me! :D So that explains a lot. Thanks for the info Jason. - Art

Did you ever ask? You know my number Art... :rolleyes:

#6 OFFLINE   bavaria72

bavaria72

I am one too!

• Gold Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

Did you ever ask? You know my number Art... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I got your number alright........:sure:

#7 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:46 PM

First let me say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! :cuttle:

(I realize this was actually introduced in P3.39, but I don't think P3.39 ever came my way... :confused: )

Well, first of all, I'm not really sure why it is called 'Power Off' since we've heard from Day 1 that it is actually in a "STANDBY" mode. But that's petty.

Another petty thing I noticed is that when I clicked on the Help for this feature, at the bottom of the Help page, it says: "Select 'Disable' to disable this feature." Well, there is no Disable, the only two choices are On or Off. To me it's obvious that the Off corresponds with what they were referring to as Disable, but there might be one or two out there who would spend a little bit of time searching for that Disable choice.

I guess I am a little unclear about the functionality and practicality of the feature itself, for a couple of reasons. Quoting from the Help page.. "This feature, when enabled, powers off the receiver after four hours of inactivity, if between 1:00 am and 5:00 am. Interaction through the remote or the front panel buttons will keep the receiver active."

Two issues with all that:
1. I will have to cancel my 2:30AM timer for Sirius 72 to be sure, but I'm fairly certain that timer interference will also keep the receiver active. For me it has kept it active the past two nights. This is interaction neither through the remote, nor through the front panel buttons. There is a remote (no pun intended ;)) possibility that the remote was stepped on by a cat or something like that during that time, but right now my theory is that the timer kept it active.

2. This 1AM-5AM 4-hour window is probably best if it HAS to be a 4-hour period of inactivity, but I really think there ought to be an option to choose different amounts of time, user-activated, similar to a TV sleep timer. ("Put the receiver in standby mode after X amount of minutes after the current point in time.") Or have it set to go into standby at the same time each night, user-specified. It's just that the way it is now, if you're watching a movie that ends at 1:15AM or something, and then you change the channel because you're suddenly wide awake, that will cancel out the inactivity. Also, the way it is now (if I understand the wording correctly), it wouldn't go into standby until 5AM, and that's when some people are starting to get up. (Not me!! !rolling Ahem.. :)) Theoretically, that would interfere with the downloading of the guide or software updates, if a person were to try and use the receiver at that time.

Like I said, just a few observations. Certainly NOT trying to look a gift-horse in the mouth. I know this is a very needed feature for some who are constantly experiencing the No Info issues, etc., not just there for those of us who are too lazy or whatever to put our units in standby every night. :) (I must have a very special 811 because I NEVER shut the thing off and it has never given me a bit of trouble! :grin: )
Laverne

#8 OFFLINE   bavaria72

bavaria72

I am one too!

• Gold Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:46 PM

.... (I must have a very special 811 because I NEVER shut the thing off and it has never given me a bit of trouble! :grin: )

Amen sister. But alas it will be gone soon in favor of another 622.....

#9 OFFLINE   khearrean

khearrean

Godfather

• Registered
  • 516 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:08 PM

P3.80 is the most current release and it is at full release at this time.

People that were having No-Info issues, at this time should power plug reboot, and please let me know if this helped in any way.

Jason

Model 811 Software Revision P3.80:

Fix for intermittent hang of DPP Twin LNBF which required power cycle reset previously to correct.

Well I did the power plug re-boot 3 days ago after receiving 3.80. Today the "No Info" bug was back. So 3.80 did not help me.:mad:

Ken
The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

#10 OFFLINE   fireballer44

fireballer44

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:14 PM

My receiver has been on P380 for a few days now (at least, I don't remember what it was at when I got it, I just installed it a few days ago).

I am having the No Info problem, had to reset earlier today.....worked fine since then . But I have had to reset once today and once yesterday, and I know that it has been running 3.80 those days.

It does appear to have improved, as earlier in the week when I first got it, I couldn't get it to show anything sometimes.

#11 OFFLINE   Ken H

Ken H

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

No change yet that I notice, although I only had No Info a few times with 3.39.
"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"
tm

#12 OFFLINE   OldAnalogGuy

OldAnalogGuy

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:49 PM

3.80 fixed the 'unable-to-lock' of channel 10-1 but I still have no-info pop-up from time-to-time.

I'm happy, though, to have my CBS OTA HD back on line!

#13 OFFLINE   khearrean

khearrean

Godfather

• Registered
  • 516 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:08 PM

Still having constant "No Info" occurrences (about every 2 days-sometimes multiple times daily). I'm not going to report on this anymore as it's become the same thing over and over. I have noticed there aren't many posts anymore in this (811) forum. Either everyone has switched up to the 211 or are simply tired of reporting the same 'ol thing.

Ken
The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

#14 OFFLINE   AcuraCL

AcuraCL

Godfather

• Registered
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

Nah, this one actually doesn't seem so bad. I haven't had to reboot in over a month. Could they have gotten it right?

#15 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

• Super Moderators
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:03 PM

Still having constant "No Info" occurrences (about every 2 days-sometimes multiple times daily). I'm not going to report on this anymore as it's become the same thing over and over. I have noticed there aren't many posts anymore in this (811) forum. Either everyone has switched up to the 211 or are simply tired of reporting the same 'ol thing.

Ken

Or your one of a handful of corner case people that actually have the issue.

Sorry to come across as crass Ken.

#16 OFFLINE   khearrean

khearrean

Godfather

• Registered
  • 516 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:53 PM

Or your one of a handful of corner case people that actually have the issue.

Sorry to come across as crass Ken.

No problem...I am a case, alright; I've always been kind of different...:lol:

#17 OFFLINE   fireballer44

fireballer44

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:40 PM

I am recently having a problem. Whenever I switch from the OTA to Dish after watching only OTA for a while, I get the smart card not authorized message. Once I reset, all is well.

Any solutions or others with problem??

#18 OFFLINE   khearrean

khearrean

Godfather

• Registered
  • 516 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:19 PM

I am recently having a problem. Whenever I switch from the OTA to Dish after watching only OTA for a while, I get the smart card not authorized message. Once I reset, all is well.

Any solutions or others with problem??

I am having exactly the same problem; it's been going on now for about 3-4 weeks. This in addition to the "No Info" glitch has just gotten out of hand. I've spoken to several advanced techs over the last few weeks and the last one 2 days ago says it's my receiver. He agreed to send me another 811 which hasn't come in yet. Somehow though I don't expect that to correct my problem. :mad:

Ken

#19 OFFLINE   khearrean

khearrean

Godfather

• Registered
  • 516 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:50 PM

Well, Dish sent me the replacement 811, I hooked it up and so far (3 days & counting), there have been no smart card errors (005) nor have there been any "No Info" glitches...:)

#20 OFFLINE   skidog

skidog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:06 PM

I have never had all the problems other people had been having with their 811's until P3.80 now I get the no info quite often, and it loses signal quite a bit, and it's not because of bad weather. So this release may have helped alot of people but it certainly did'nt help everyone.:(

spam firewall