Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Spaceway Transponders

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ScoBuck

ScoBuck

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

I check signal meters on my H20's every few days, just now noticed some changes on both the Spaceway 1 and Spaceway 2 transponders.

Previously there were only 16 active transponders showing on BOTH (Although I only received signals from a few of them - most showed signal meter at 0.

Tonight I am showing ALL 32 transponders active at 103 sat, and 29 transponders active at 99 sat.

Anyone with knowledge about this stuff care to explain what might be happening?

Or, if you would like to speculate.

I don't think it could be so many additional transponders due to turning on a few more markets - they have virtually doubled the amount of active transponders.

I'm curious!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   pmayo2002

pmayo2002

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:32 AM

Well -- I have 8 active transponders now (with signals) and as you they have reduced the number of N/A's. My guess is that the active one are definately for the HD locals for Florida DMA's of Orlando, Miami and West Palm that will be activated today (plus Tampa already on)

#3 OFFLINE   ScoBuck

ScoBuck

Banned User

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:44 AM

Well -- I have 8 active transponders now (with signals) and as you they have reduced the number of N/A's. My guess is that the active one are definately for the HD locals for Florida DMA's of Orlando, Miami and West Palm that will be activated today (plus Tampa already on)

That don't need to turn on anywhere near 25 new transponders for the few new lils being added.

They might be using SOME for the new DMAs - but I was curious why the major turn-on.

spam firewall