Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I wonder ??????

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Bobman

Bobman

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:43 AM

DirecTV might have known (pure speculation on my part) about all the problems with the R-15 as they gave away the R-15 (free after rebate) to all of us. They also are quick to offer a $5 a month credit for 6 months if you call and complain about the R-15 so your also using it for free.

I dont think anyone can really file a lawsuit as we got the R-15 for free and are using it for free.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:12 AM

DirecTV might have known (pure speculation on my part) about all the problems with the R-15 as they gave away the R-15 (free after rebate) to all of us. They also are quick to offer a $5 a month credit for 6 months if you call and complain about the R-15 so your also using it for free.

I dont think anyone can really file a lawsuit as we got the R-15 for free and are using it for free.

You must not have taken a marketing or buisness class lately.

Rebates and "free" offers to increase the subscriber base is very common, and has been for years... Even include the HR10-250 and the free dish upgrades, ect....

They basically have given Showtime away for free 6 months for the last 10 years...

If you are going to try that angle... you are going to have an even harder hill to climb.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#23 OFFLINE   qwerty

qwerty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:08 AM

I purchased mine for $99. Whether or not I got a rebate doesn't enter into it. It all comes down to damages. Mikewolf13 posted several examples a few post back.

#24 OFFLINE   Upstream

Upstream

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:26 AM

I previously used a Philips DSX 5500 DTV receiver, on which the reminder function did not work properly. A class action lawsuit was filed by the California lawfirm Brayton Purcell against Philips. Philips corrected the defect shortly after the suit was filed. I was recently notified that Philips has agreed to pay each member of the class $25 as compensation. I believe the settlement still needs to be approved by the judge.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...