Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

D* and VERiZON ???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:10 PM

if verizon customer add D* what kind of savings do the recieve? i know D* and verizon have a business relationship. when you search D* on google news you see this "Verizon / DIRECTV Bundle Reaches 415,000 Customers" what kind of savings do thes customers see. i'm also thinking of changing my internet and phone to verizon but wanted to know more about the savings. and does any one know if Verizon Fios Internet(not tv), and verizon phone qualify for savings? i currently have COX and pay about 70+ for cox HSI and phone w/ no long distance(IDT).

thanks,

dtv757

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:09 PM

Just taking a look at verizon.com for Residential customers and choosing "bundled services" the information shows the phone/DSL/DirecTv is about $91 a month. The fine print indicates that is available for new Residential DirecTv subscribers only. No surprise, as I looked at Qwest bundled long ago and they had the same requirement. Apparently if you are already a DirecTv subscriber, the bundle is not available. I could be wrong, but check the verizon site and see what you find there.

#3 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:59 PM

THANKS i was just looking at prices and VERiZON FiOS INTERNET is cheaper than COXHSI. i wonder if there phone is cheaper too?? i have had no problems w/ cox just with the prices. thanks capt picard. now i just gotta wait for the FiOS people to build the network in my area i saw them working on the neighborhood up the street hopefully they will be here in the next months.

#4 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:54 AM

There is a bundling discount for current Verizon subscribers. I think it may be as high as $6 per month.

#5 OFFLINE   rbpeirce

rbpeirce

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:06 AM

There is a bundling discount for current Verizon subscribers. I think it may be as high as $6 per month.

That is correct. I have it. However, it is a major problem getting it collected. Verizon has been very good about crediting my account when the discount doesn't hit properly and D* issued a credit last summer that took me through December.

Last December I got a $72 discount which is supposed to run through June. I am waiting to see what happens on my July bill. So far this isn't working the way it is supposed to work, but as long as I get the discount it is worth the trouble.

#6 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:19 AM

if verizon customer add D* what kind of savings do the recieve? i know D* and verizon have a business relationship. when you search D* on google news you see this .convergedigest.com /DSL/lastmilearticle.asp?ID=18668"]Verizon / DIRECTV Bundle Reaches 415,000 Customers[/URL]" what kind of savings do thes customers see. i'm also thinking of changing my internet and phone to verizon but wanted to know more about the savings. and does any one know if Verizon Fios Internet(not tv), and verizon phone qualify for savings? i currently have COX and pay about 70+ for cox HSI and phone w/ no long distance(IDT).

thanks,

dtv757

Call Directv, and state you are interested in finding out about bundled deals with dsl, they will transfer you to a department where someone will get your particulars, and see what deals are available in your area.

Remember DSL customers have to be within a certain range of the "CO" and Directv really wants you to partner with DSL instead of cable for internet :)

~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX

#7 OFFLINE   AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:35 AM

The bundle discount is a couple buck and requires verzion dsl or dial up, directv and phone service. And yes, the discount I was quoted was $2.

#8 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:01 AM

AnonomissX i want a fast connection for my internet. unless you can prove to me that dsl is faster than Fios than i'm not intrested in there dsl service. thanks everyone for the comments when i have time i will call D* and see what they can offer me.

#9 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:53 PM

AnonomissX i want a fast connection for my internet. unless you can prove to me that dsl is faster than Fios than i'm not intrested in there dsl service. thanks everyone for the comments when i have time i will call D* and see what they can offer me.

FIOS is DA Bomb, it is to DSL and Cable what DSL and Cable are to dial up: 14kbp!

But it may not be available in many areas for a while yet...why don't you see if FIOS is available, and if not for a while...a years contract to get a great deal on DSL and your satellite service together is a great idea too.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

spam firewall