Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

pvr 501 s-video/optical outs disable rca outs?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   keitheva

keitheva

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 05:07 PM

if you use the pvr 501 s-video and optical outs, can the rca outs still be used also, or are these disabled?

thanks,
-keith

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   HTguy

HTguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 955 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 05:17 PM

They can be used simultaneously. I have both the S-Video & composite outputs connected to a home theater system & RPTV I use for demonstration so that I can show people the difference.

I also have both the digital & analog audio outputs connected for the same reason.
:cool:
"A DISH IN EVERY HOME"

#3 OFFLINE   keitheva

keitheva

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 10:13 AM

thanks for the info.

how much difference do you see between composite and s-video?

#4 OFFLINE   HTguy

HTguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 05:45 PM

The difference between composite & S-Video is subtle during normal scenes but quite striking when there are color graphics or still scenes with color blocks. The transition from one color to another is noticably sharper with S-Video. It's easy to see if you "freeze" a scene in an animated cartoon, for example.
"A DISH IN EVERY HOME"

Protected By... spam firewall...And...