Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Time Between Release On DVD and Then PPV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Craiger

Craiger

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:46 PM

Hi. Have they shrunk the release time between the movie coming out on DVD then on PPV? I noticed Firewall is coming to PPV on July 6th and it was just released on DVD on June 6th. Unless not so great movies get released earlier? I wonder if they will ever have it so the same day its out on DVD its out on PPV and VOD? Isn't Hollywood working on that right now to help prevent movie piracy? Thanks, Craig.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:13 PM

It's been 30 days for as long as I have known. At least since 98 when my, now ex mother-in-law worked for the local movie rental store.

#3 OFFLINE   Craiger

Craiger

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:59 PM

It's been 30 days for as long as I have known. At least since 98 when my, now ex mother-in-law worked for the local movie rental store.

Oh. I didn't know that. I allways that it was longer between the DVD release and the PPV and it was a couple of months.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...