Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

I too will miss Pat Summerall

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 10:55 AM

But at this point I agree that he would do a better job as the voice of NFL films. He does indeed provide insight and his sparse style is appealing but you cant escapr the fact that he has problems with the pace of the game. That limitation will be less restrictive in another situation.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2002 - 04:58 PM

I agree with you about Pat. He seems nice, but the sport seems too fast for him now. Better sport for him from your last sentence would be tennis. CBS still has the US Open. Pat can fill in at the beginning of each golf year for Jim Nantz when he is doing MCBB especially a game/studio duty on the East Coast if Jim's ego would allow it. I'm thinking Pat is going to the CBS Television Network and his former partner is going to MNF on the ABC Television Network.

Didn't CBS fire Musburger because he did "everything"? Jim is getting to be the same way for CBS.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 04:59 AM

Pat messed up a little as he aged. I could only think we all would like to be alert and responsive as he is at his age....Does anyone know how old Pat is ? :D

IMO, Pat is the voice of the NFL

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 06:54 AM

Pat is around 71-72. Younger than Chickie, Vinnie, Ernie and Jack, but he just wasn't that good the last 5 or so years.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2002 - 01:30 PM

His name isn't Pat. His name is something like Jack Allen Summerall or something similar. I read it a few weeks ago.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...