Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Has anyone gotten new HD locals today?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:18 PM

By that, I mean, has anyone gotten a WB, UPN or independent station in HD added to their channel list? I heard a rumor that D* was beginning to add some other locals to some of the HD local markets.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PaulieORF

PaulieORF

Legend

• Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

By that, I mean, has anyone gotten a WB, UPN or independent station in HD added to their channel list? I heard a rumor that D* was beginning to add some other locals to some of the HD local markets.

Here in Connecticut, we just had HD MPEG4 locals on Wednesday, however we only get WVIT (NBC) and WFSB (CBS). We do not have WTIC (FOX) or WTNH (ABC). Tribune Company owns our FOX affiliate as well as our WB affiliate. They will only make an agreement with DirecTV that includes BOTH the FOX and WB channels, they do this with all cable companies too. Our local ABC affiliate is also owned by the same company (LIN Television) that owns our local UPN affiliate. I have a feeling they are trying to get a similar agreement to carry both channels. So we'll see if DirecTV acts on this in my area, at least, to get FOX and ABC live for us.

#3 OFFLINE   mjones73

mjones73

Icon

• Registered
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:52 AM

You'd be better off checking the HD Directv forum here for information on newly added HD channels.

#4 OFFLINE   Craiger

Craiger

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:58 PM

I wonder if DirecTV will add TheCW in HD once that starts?

#5 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:01 PM

There are so many markets that DirecTV needs to provide the basic 4 to first. Indianapolis does finally have 1 more station along with WRTV (ABC) with WTHR (NBC) in HD. There for a while, I was wondering why DirecTV even launched Indy with ONE channel.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#6 OFFLINE   PaulieORF

PaulieORF

Legend

• Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:06 PM

I wonder if DirecTV will add TheCW in HD once that starts?

Here in CT, we won't get FOX unless DirecTV picks up our CW (WB) affiliate. That kinda stinks, unless DirecTV is keen on picking it up.

#7 OFFLINE   eschuff

eschuff

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:36 AM

I receive Atlanta HD locals and up until yesterday was only receiving ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, but last night I noticed that UPN (channel 69) has been added in HD.

#8 OFFLINE   Smthkd

Smthkd

Icon

• Registered
  • 925 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:46 PM

Yep! I confirm D* had added UPN-HD in Atlanta!

#9 OFFLINE   Halo

Halo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:07 PM

That is great news. Hopefully PBS-HD is on their list to add also.

#10 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:26 PM

WB & UPN just have around 57 days left.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#11 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,754 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

I hope that will soon to be the case here in Cleveland too as our local UPN is owned by our CBS affiliate (Both Raycom owned) neither have made it onto the local HD lineup yet here.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#12 OFFLINE   GeorgeLV

GeorgeLV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:06 PM

Which happens to be a CBS O&O that will be a CW affialiate... They had a little more negotiating power behind them than most.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...