Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sports Pack Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   corsig

corsig

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:38 AM

If I order this subscription will I get to see the baseball games that are broadcast on the channels or does ir get blacked out so I have order the MLB package for a much higher price?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   GatorPhan

GatorPhan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:00 AM

You have to have the MLB Extra Innings package.

#3 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:06 AM

Except for a very few people who live in rural areas claimed by multiple teams, the Sports Pack brings NO additional professional sports. All MLB and all live NHL, NBA, WNBA, and MLS content will be blacked out on the Sports Pack. You will only get pro sports on your local RSN, which is included in the basic package. Also, SOME NCAA football and basketball content (the games included in the ESPN Game Plan and ESPN Full Court packages) is likewise blacked out on out-of-market Sports Pack channels, although other college games are not.

#4 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 883 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:58 AM

Add your zip in this link to see what teams you get.

http://directv.fxep.com/

#5 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:00 AM

Add your zip in this link to see what teams you get.

http://directv.fxep.com/

Try this link its more current. http://www.directv.c...ssetId=P3000004
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#6 OFFLINE   corsig

corsig

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:04 AM

Yeah I'm so glad I asked I would have been really pissed off if I paid $10/month for just bascially getting the sports highlights and not the games.

I wish the sports packages like MLB wasn't so expensive. Oh well.

#7 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:22 AM

Major league sports are blacked out. you may see the tail end of a ball game that runs long but that is it. No one would buy MLB EI or the NHL or NBA packages if your strategy worked.

But there are a few other things on those channles.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#8 OFFLINE   saleen351

saleen351

Godfather

• Registered
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:19 AM

I hate my MLB package... It's nothing like the nflst.. About 1 out of every 3 yankees games is blacked out... There are even times, they turn them off in extra innings... Thank God for espn picking up a lot of yanks games.

#9 OFFLINE   wolf0695

wolf0695

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:38 PM

I hate my MLB package... It's nothing like the nflst.. About 1 out of every 3 yankees games is blacked out... There are even times, they turn them off in extra innings... Thank God for espn picking up a lot of yanks games.

that is why it is blacked out, espn has the rights to the games

#10 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:52 PM

Except for a very few people who live in rural areas claimed by multiple teams, the Sports Pack brings NO additional professional sports. All MLB and all live NHL, NBA, WNBA, and MLS content will be blacked out on the Sports Pack. You will only get pro sports on your local RSN, which is included in the basic package. Also, SOME NCAA football and basketball content (the games included in the ESPN Game Plan and ESPN Full Court packages) is likewise blacked out on out-of-market Sports Pack channels, although other college games are not.

No major league sports but it does offer some minor league professional sports---and CFL football whish is a different animal.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#11 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:14 PM

everyone gets one or two (sometimes 3) of the RSN's as part of their base package, as being in-market for major league teams on multiple sports.

If your subscribe to the Sportspack, then all the rsns, and a few other channels are turned on, but if a major league team/game is playing, and it is out of market, then it gets blacked out at that time.

So if you are a Yankees fan and live in Florida, and buy the sports pack, and YES is showing the Yankees at home...you will get it blacked out. You would have to buy MLB to see out of market major league games.

hope this helps.
~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX

If you have a question, I may or may not have an answer.

"Fat people are harder to Kidnap" :lol:

#12 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

everyone gets one or two (sometimes 3) of the RSN's as part of their base package, as being in-market for major league teams on multiple sports.

Except if you live in Philly :) I used to be claimed by 4 RSNs, Empire, Fox Sports Net NY, MSG and YES. After the demise of Empire, it went down to 3, but now with SNY it's back up to 4. The Sports Pak would give me MLB games on FSN Pittsburgh and the Ohio RSNs.

Here in Buffalo we don't have a Major League Baseball team, we have 5 of them :) Yankees, Mets, Blue Jays, Pirates and Indians are all considered home teams for us.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#13 OFFLINE   FavreJL04

FavreJL04

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:44 PM

This whole blackout thing is just dumb. It is like you are forced to watch or deal with a certain team just because of where you live. It isn't fair that someone in Michigan can watch the Detroit Redwings on their local RSN but someone in Wisconsin can't, unless they buy the WHOLE NHL Package. If one person can get a certain RSN with certain pro team coverage shouldn't someone else with a different location have an option to purchase or trade just that RSN with the pro teams included? The way i see it the pro leagues would make less on their package deals but more on individual team sales.

#14 OFFLINE   Bobman

Bobman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:37 AM

Dont go by what that link claims. Mine says I get 2 RSN's for my NJ area but in reality I get ZERO.

The sports pack is good for pre and post game shows, coaches interviews, beach volleyball, Womens Extreme Wrestling, etc.... things like that. Your hardly going to see any live games with it.

#15 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:12 AM

The Sports Pack is what it is. I get it because it does give me an extra set of pro teams (unfortunatly the pathetic Pirates and soon to be in Nova Scotia Penguins); ESPNU and CSTV; and a not insignificant amount of college football and basketball; not to mention the CFL and all of that.

To comment on a few points above:

- Buffalo. It would seem to me that the local team is none of the above. Its Toronto. I understand the NYC claims, but the Pirates, Indians, and Reds claims to Buffalo are insane.

- Florida. I still say that in a better alternative universe, MLB never expanded to Florida and Arizona, and rather set up a system to feed off the displaced fan retirees there, with RSN choice; regular season games played in Miami, Tampa and Phoenix; extensive radio networks; and major big deal spring training.

- Non sat RSNs. The worst places for DBS are Philly, due to Communistcast's monopoly; SD, due to the land line only Cox4 situation; and certain areas outside Cleveland, since DirecTV only provides STO to the immediate Cleveland area, and the claimed zone for the NBA team is much smaller. Many people get the Blue Jackets as their only big league local team.

#16 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:31 AM

Buffalo. It would seem to me that the local team is none of the above. Its Toronto. I understand the NYC claims, but the Pirates, Indians, and Reds claims to Buffalo are insane.

Reds don't claim Buffalo, but the reason for the Indians is very simple. Our minor league team, the Buffalo Bisons is the farm team for the Indians. Why Pittsburgh is thrown in there I have no idea. Cleveland is a little under 200 miles away, Pittsburgh is a little over 200 miles away. When I had DirecTV I never had the Sports Pak but a family member of mine does and the Indians and Pirates games are in the clear.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#17 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:09 AM

Except if you live in Philly :) I used to be claimed by 4 RSNs, Empire, Fox Sports Net NY, MSG and YES. After the demise of Empire, it went down to 3, but now with SNY it's back up to 4. The Sports Pak would give me MLB games on FSN Pittsburgh and the Ohio RSNs.

Here in Buffalo we don't have a Major League Baseball team, we have 5 of them :) Yankees, Mets, Blue Jays, Pirates and Indians are all considered home teams for us.

You just like rubbing it in :P :P :P
~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX

If you have a question, I may or may not have an answer.

"Fat people are harder to Kidnap" :lol:

#18 OFFLINE   colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:01 AM

NW Iowa:
MLB:Twins,Brewers,Cardinals,WhiteSox,Cubs(back a few years Royals were in there too)
NHL:Wild,Blues
NBA:Bulls,Timberwolves

#19 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Registered
  • 960 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:16 AM

my CABLE, has access to both sides of the Mississippi river.. Obviously two different states ONE cable company.. and the cable offers the Brewers and the Twins and The t- wolfs and the bucks.. I don't care about hockey..

But D* only offers me the Brewers and the Bucks.. and this year, took away the t wolves .. but I would bet that even if I subscribed to MLB and NBA I would get neither.. but that's not what D* told me..

Yet in Northern Iowa.. you can get half of MLB game after game..

I don't understand or D* doesn't understand.. one or the other.. But Charter Cable has both..and the t -wolves..:bang

#20 OFFLINE   cybok0

cybok0

Godfather

• Registered
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

I can't see paying extra for the cavaliers,wnba and mls teams, I'm not a pro basketball or soccer fan. plus it's cleveland teams, what pittsburgh fan in there right mind would watch a cleveland sports team,maybe dwayne wade beating lebron:D
HR22-100, HR24-500
R-16

Protected By... spam firewall...And...