Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

where is the &%@#@ Cardinals game??!?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   marvilyn

marvilyn

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:14 PM

I have purchased the special baseball package but I can never seem to find the damn Cardinals game - has someone found the Cardinals game today????

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   GatorPhan

GatorPhan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:25 PM

I have purchased the special baseball package but I can never seem to find the damn Cardinals game - has someone found the Cardinals game today????

St. Louis game not part of the package today.

Here's the link to the monthly schedule

http://www.directv.c...MLBExtraInnings

#3 OFFLINE   marvilyn

marvilyn

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

St. Louis game not part of the package today.[/URL]

I'm sort of getting that - but the game is being played right now and I'm not in any applicable blackout for that market as I am on the east coast and I can't figure out why Direct TV isn't showing me that game. Does Direct TV selectively limit which games it broadcasts?

#4 OFFLINE   Fredfa

Fredfa

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

Generally -- although not always -- games broadcast by the local channels are not part of the package.

Today's game is broadcast by WB11, hence it is not part of the MLB EI package.

You can watch it on the mlb.com TV package, however.

#5 OFFLINE   HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:38 PM

I thought one of the teams could dictate if and how there team was broadcast. I thought I read that sometime back in an article. Can't remember if it was the home or visiitng team. I very well could be wrong though, it's been awhile since I read that article.
DBSTalk Chat Room Mod (I reserve the right to be wrong.)

AT9 to SWM16
LR: HR24-100 to Panasonic 50" w/ Sony HTIB/FR: HR20-700 to Samsung LN55B640
Office: HR34-700 to Panasonic 50" w/ HD-A2
Office: H21-200 to 36" SD TV/BR: HR21-200 to Samsung 32" LCD
My full setup in Visio: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=105

#6 OFFLINE   GatorPhan

GatorPhan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:32 PM

I thought one of the teams could dictate if and how there team was broadcast. I thought I read that sometime back in an article. Can't remember if it was the home or visiitng team. I very well could be wrong though, it's been awhile since I read that article.

And.. just as an FYI.. DirectTV has nothing to do with which games are aired. MLB Extra Innings is a cross platform package which is the exact same on D*, E* and cable co's...

#7 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

And.. just as an FYI.. DirectTV has nothing to do with which games are aired. MLB Extra Innings is a cross platform package which is the exact same on D*, E* and cable co's...

That is incorrect. The provider must have a contract with the RSN they use in the package. E* does not have a contract with YES Network and does not use that feed in MLB Extra Innings. If the other team is on a domestic RSN which they have contract with, E* uses that feed. The same is true for MASN Nationals. For the most part the games are the same, but one can see some possible situations where D* and E* may not have the same games all of the time.

In the situation above, the Royals and Cardinals were both on OTA stations and therefore not available in MLB Extra Innings.

There are a some teams which sometimes simulcast on the OTA and a RSN. These are the Mariners, Twins and Rangers. When this happens the game can be in MLB Extra Innings.

#8 OFFLINE   jrbdmb

jrbdmb

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:20 AM

I know that for years there have been no OTA games as part of the MLB EI package. Has anyone from MLB ever said why this is the case? If the NBA and NHL packages (and MLB.TV) can show OTA telecasts, what is preventing MLB E from doing the same?

#9 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:28 AM

My guess is that if they were ever to restore OTA feeds to MLB EI that mlb.tv would cease to be the cash cow it is to the owners. Who would buy it at that point??
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

spam firewall