Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Serching for sat on my RV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bigrock

bigrock

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:35 PM

I have used my Directv on my RV for three years. This summer I am in the same spot as last year and my box says I am getting a 78 signal but the soon as I get out of menu it says searching for sat?? I have change cabling, two LNB's and tried three differnt boxes. Can a dish be bad? That is the only thing that is not new. I also get no readings on odd transponders only even ones on the 101,.(It is a sinlgle 18 round dish with one coax). Please help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:17 PM

if your getting only "one side" even or odd. = most times a coax problem. Ie braiding touching copper. Are you using the existing set up in the RV ? Pre-wired jacks. ? If so by pass those also to rule out the RV wireing/jacks. i have seen many many prewired Rv problems. Run lnb straight to rec.> Check both ends for coax braiding clash w/copper. ( remem one tiny touch of alumin to the cpr in the coax will cause the "1 side" /even/odd senerio and is first indication of where to look).

Also your dish cant be bad it its not out of round. You replaced LNB. Do the bypass of RV jacks/ check coax for grounding out issue)

let me know what ya find.

spam firewall