Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Superfan requires a 5 LNB dish now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dave Carney

Dave Carney

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

I got ST superfan last year on my three lnb dish. Now, on the fine print section of the automatic renewal notice I received in the mail, it says a five LNB dish is required.?? Man I'm tired of changing dishes every few years. Say it ain't so.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   sojourn

sojourn

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:22 PM

The Fine print:

*** DIRECTV DVR hardware and service are required for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Highlights-on-Demand and are sold separately. UltimateTV service not eligible for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Highlights-on-Demand

† To access DIRECTV HD programming, a triple-LNB Multi-Satellite dish, along with a DIRECTV HD Receiver and HD television equipment is required. In some markets, a five-LNB Dish and H20 model DIRECTV Receiver are needed to receive HD local networks delivered by DIRECTV.

#3 OFFLINE   Dave Carney

Dave Carney

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:28 PM

Thanks, I get local HD ota, so I'm ok then(?)....here is what my ST notice says...

"After programming credit. TO access Directv HD programming, a five LNB Multi-Satellite dish, along with an H20 Directv HD Receiver and HD television is required. For full Game Mix functionality, a D10 (or later model) receiver is required."

Protected By... spam firewall...And...