Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

811 Problems (Again)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

Will that nasty old problem returned tonight. Now, however, the previous fixes don't seem to work. Much like before, when I run the checks it shows X's in the boxes for the satellites. The second 811 is working just fine. I think you guys nailed it when you stated it is a switch causing the problem. I did try disconnecting just the coaxial feedline on the other 811 earlier, but that didn't work. I will keep trying different things. I did want to wait a little longer before upgrading to a 622, but maybe I won't be able to wait much longer after all. Unfortunately I entered into a one year bundled contract with Frontiernet, but that expires in about two months. We will see if I can get by with just one 811 until then. Or maybe I will dig the old 301 out of mothballs yet!

http://www.dbstalk.c...ead.php?t=56603

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:44 AM

Now both of my 811 receivers are starting to give me a notice about the smart card not being authorized. I get this about once every day or two. Usually I can re-boot and then everything is fine gain. The upgrade to the 622 is looking better every day.

spam firewall