Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Zinwell 6x8 Multiswitch issue... Maybe?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nemesis176

nemesis176

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:58 AM

Hello everyone!

I have been reading DBStalk for sometime now but this is my 1st post... I am so nervous now... ok... Got a question(s) for the community..

1) I just finished upgrading my system with an AT9 / Zinwell 6x8 / HR10-250 set up (this all goes to my new Samsung 1080p DLP, awesome!!). The AT9 replaced my dual round dish and it looks awesome and I get mid-90's on most SAT's.. it was fun to install... but when I run through the Zinwell some of the Sat's aren't seen anymore (I can see the 101 sat but not the 110 or the 119). I proved it wasn't the HR10-250 or the AT9( by bypassing the Zinwell using 2x inline couplers sending to feeds from the AT9 directly to the HR10-250... everything works great that way but when I reintroduce the Zinwell... it doesn't go Sowell.. Do I have a bad Zinwell or do I have something misunderstood about the multiswitch?

2) What is the best HD OTA antennas available for a tower just over 50 miles away? I am thinking I will need 2 OTA antennas to get both the Rockford, IL towers (fairly close and clumped around 260-266 degrees.) and the towers in Madison, WI. (approx. 58 miles away and at 333-336 degrees.)

3) Can I (if the Zinwell 6x8 works) cascade with another 3x4 multiswitch (so I can continue to use my Sony T60 Tivo unit along side my HR10-250, this would require 4 feeds instead of the 2 already in the living room.) The setup would be the following: AT9 (4 SAT feeds) into the 6x8 multiswitch (not using the flexports) with 2 output feeds going into a 3x4 multiswitch which would feed all 4 inputs of the HR10-250 (2) & the Sony T60 (2).

4) I got the HR10-250 for a steal and am awaiting D* to release the HR20 PVR units so I can pick it one up... will there be any issues with my setup and Mpeg4?

phew! So many questions... I saved them all for today!

Thanks for a great site!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mjones73

mjones73

Icon

• Registered
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:09 AM

1) Are you running all 4 leads from the AT-9 to the switch? Is it a model WB68? If so it sounds like it might be defective.

2) Depends if the channels are all UHF or a combination of UHF and VHF. If they are all UHF, something like a CM 4228 mounted as high as possible should work if you have decent line of site to the towers.

3) A 3x4 switch won't give you the 110 and 119 sats for the HR10-250. You need to run two more cables in for the T60.

4) No.

#3 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,009 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:39 AM

As mjones73 said, but to emphasize: You have to run all 4 lines from the dish to the multiswitch inputs in order to get all of the satellites. It sounds like maybe you only ran two lines.

Carl

#4 OFFLINE   nemesis176

nemesis176

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:26 PM

carl6 & mjones73,

Thanks for the replies!

1) I did run all four lines from the AT9 into the WB68 but I do not see the signal for the 2 sat's mentioned after the WB68. Why would only the 101 sat come through?

2) Thank you, I will examine the CM 4228.:up:

3) So, there is no way to get the dual tuner HR10-250 (all sat's) and a none HD dual tuner receiver (101 sat) only to work with two feeds from the WB68.... :(

4) excellent...

#5 OFFLINE   mjones73

mjones73

Icon

• Registered
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:44 AM

1) Try another switch, sounds like you have a defective one.
3) No.

#6 OFFLINE   zz101

zz101

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

Hi nemesis176,

In my opinion, you need to do the repeat satellite setup in order to get the SAT 101, SAT 110 & SAT 119. Since you said that you just recently upgrade ur dish from the basic dual LNB to 5 LNB dish, that 's mean your previous receiver will just have SAT 101 only. Or you can choose to do the auto configuration to let your receiver auto search the signal for you.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...