Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Signal strength changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wrate

wrate

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 12:59 PM

Has anyone noticed any changes in signal strenght from DTV's 101 satellites? I think it is DTV1R that has somehow gone down in power about 20% or more. Transp 1, 3, 6, 8, 14, 16, 19, 22, 24, 27, 30 and 32 have noticeable lower signals. This started about a week ago. I am way south.

Anyone else that has noticed this?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   jampedro

jampedro

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 03:55 PM

My TP's 1,9,17,25 rose dramatically from the 60's to the 90's beginning yesterday morning here in Honduras. Jamaica, Bermuda and the Maritimes report total loss of these TP's. at the same time. Seems the footprint moved south and west.

#3 OFFLINE   wrate

wrate

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 06:16 PM

I have been observing the behavior of the transps. that lost strength and I believe that DTV finally transfered all odd transponders from DTV3 (which had a malfunction about a month or two ago) to DTVR1. That, combined with the fact that DTVR1 was moved to DTV3's old position in the sky, changed things dramatically.

I tried re-aiming my 8 foot dish today and like magic everything lit up again. As far as I know the larger the dish the more directional it becomes. This makes this type of dishes very sensitive to changes in the position of the satellites.

But, it is also interesting to note that I have heard from people in South/Central Texas and Arizona who seem to have lost some signal strength too.

Maybe DTV is restricting their footprint a little bit too much.

Thanks for your reply.

Oh! I am in Mexico City, Mexico.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...