Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Pricing on the new HD DVR when it comes out?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   patblue03

patblue03

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:01 AM

Maybe this has been answered already, but what is the cost lookin like for the new HD DVR when it comes out. If you are already a directv customer but didn't get the hr10-250 in anticipation, how much will it be, $100? $300? $1000?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:22 AM

When The Product Is Available You Will Have An Answer, Until Then It Is Anybodys Guess.

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:30 AM

I am sure it won't be a $1,000

You are probably looking at on par to the HR10-250... in the sub $400 range.
But that is only an educated guess, not based on any information given.

We should over the next few weeks start to hear about the details for cost.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   uncrules

uncrules

Godfather

• Registered
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:36 AM

I know this is an expensive piece of equipment to make but for a lot of people I know or see on Internet message boards, the upfront costs will always keep them away from D*. When people can get an HD-DVR with no upfront costs from cable they aren't going to spend $400 to lease the same from D*.
1 HR34-700 (w/AM21N), 2 HR24-500 (1 w/AM21), 2 HR22-100 - Whole Home DVR with DECA and broadband DECA setup
Panasonic Viera 65" TC-P65V10, Magnavox 42" 42MF337B, Sony Bravia 40" KDL40EX400, 2 Vizio 37" E370VL
Directv subscriber since 1995
Xbox 360 Elite, 2 PS3, Nintendo Wii

#5 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:02 AM

I wish I knew, however, it it not written in the stars that I will always know what is going on ;)
~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX

If you have a question, I may or may not have an answer.

"Fat people are harder to Kidnap" :lol:

#6 OFFLINE   ScoBuck

ScoBuck

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:24 AM

I know this is an expensive piece of equipment to make but for a lot of people I know or see on Internet message boards, the upfront costs will always keep them away from D*. When people can get an HD-DVR with no upfront costs from cable they aren't going to spend $400 to lease the same from D*.

I don't know about that - I still see LOTS of posts of peeps leasing the H10-250 and paying $399 upfront lease cost. Remember one thing - you and I (and we are the OVERWHELMING MINORITY) go on message boards or forums about these things. Most simply walk into BestBuy or CircuitCity (or see a friend that has one) and decide to get it. DirecTV really doesn't do too much advertising to existing subs to get new stuff.

An example is yesterday - they put out a Press Release regarding the new interactiviy available on the YES Network during Yankee games. Ask your friends (not the ones reading the forums) if they are aware of this NEW feature. Highly unlikely.

I live in the NY DMA - I didn't get an email from them about it (I have paperless billing from them), I didn't get a mailing from them, etc. The press release says I am entitled to a FREE SD IRD or DVR so that I can use the interactivity - don't you think they would let their subs know about this? Guess what - they DIDN'T!

Hell - they haven't let existing subs know about the RSN-HD local stuff yet either!

#7 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:20 PM

Maybe this has been answered already, but what is the cost lookin like for the new HD DVR when it comes out. If you are already a directv customer but didn't get the hr10-250 in anticipation, how much will it be, $100? $300? $1000?

Thanks!

I read late fall.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

spam firewall