Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Category: D* not to be out done

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:11 AM

http://www.directv.c...assetId=1100029

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:27 PM

I just noticed that too, John. Sounds like a good deal for D* Sunday Ticket Fans and maybe a shot at E* and the cable folks.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:34 PM

Okay... what am I missing?

All I see is a list of Sunday Ticket games...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 876 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:40 PM

Preseason games added for the first time

#5 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:07 PM

And it looks like ALL preseason games at that. All apparently live!!
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#6 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:15 PM

And it looks like ALL preseason games at that. All apparently live!!

That is cool. The NFL Network certainly added to the mix...but this is great for those of us that are in serious NFL withdrawl.

Long live the NFLST.
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#7 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:53 PM

Oh, it's REALLY cool as the pre-season is the only time the Lions win games.
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5
Series 2.5 DTivos 6.1a x 2
HR10-250s 6.3b: x 2

#8 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:10 PM

Has anyone actually confirmed through D* that they will be showing all preaseason games live? The thought that is going through my head is they are just showing the preseason schedule to show times and dates of games, as the channels are listed as TBA. I know the NFL Network will be televising preseason games on tape delay, but I've not heard anything from D* about showing live preseason feeds. I hope they will show preseason games live, but I still have my questions about this.

#9 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:32 PM

Having trouble finding some other reason for the price change being July 31 instead of the usual August 31 time frame.

#10 OFFLINE   feeth

feeth

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

WOW! My install date not untill the aug 23rd. I will be on the phone monday am trying to get my install date moved up.

Did you guys notice that at least one of the reply games on NFLNW is in HD?

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

Go to the sat aug 12th game:

Jet @ tampa 10am (1080i)

#11 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:23 PM

Okay folks, here's how it lines up:

DIRECTV will provide all 52 of the NLFNET Pre-Season games.

Of the 52:
6 are broadcast live
18 are in HD

One of the 6 live games is also in HD.

Some VERY interesting stuff about who does the game announcing too!

See: http://www.nfl.com/n.../preseason_2006

ALSO NOTE: The D* Schedule for the pre-season games is in error at the moment - it now shows when all the games will be played. It will need to be corrected to when the games will be aired (on NFLNET).

If any of you are interested, I've put charts together which meld the regular broadcasts (CBS, FOX, ESPN, NBC), and the NFLNET replays and live broadcasts. Yeah, it customized for the San Diego DMA.

A sample PDF for Pre-Season Week 1 is attached:

#12 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:07 PM

Okay folks, here's how it lines up:

DIRECTV will provide all 52 of the NLFNET Pre-Season games.

Of the 52:
6 are broadcast live
18 are in HD

One of the 6 live games is also in HD.

Some VERY interesting stuff about who does the game announcing too!

See: http://www.nfl.com/n.../preseason_2006

ALSO NOTE: The D* Schedule for the pre-season games is in error at the moment - it now shows when all the games will be played. It will need to be corrected to when the games will be aired (on NFLNET).

If any of you are interested, I've put charts together which meld the regular broadcasts (CBS, FOX, ESPN, NBC), and the NFLNET replays and live broadcasts. Yeah, it customized for the San Diego DMA.

A sample PDF for Pre-Season Week 1 is attached:

There is reason to believe that D* will be carrying pre-season games as part of the NFLST and that the schedule is correct.
Dan Sholtis

#13 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 280 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:55 PM

FWIW, I talked to a retention worker last night. The good thing was that he upgraded me to the ST Superfan for free since I've been a customer since 1998.:righton:

I also asked him about live preseason feeds being part of the ST this year. He was not sure of this. He agreed that the preseason schedule was on the site with TBA for the game channels. He also mentioned, however, the NFL Network feeds being televised (i.e. taped delayed rebroadcasts of games on the NFL Network). He did not know if live preseason feeds were going to be included in the package or not. I guess we will see once the preseason starts in another week and a half.

spam firewall