Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fox Sports Espanol and Sky Sports on DirecTV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wjarrettc

wjarrettc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

Two questions:

First of all, a few weeks ago my TiVo sent a message that Fox Sports Espanol had been added to my lineup at channel 616 (previously it was on 425 in the para todos package I think). For a few days, I was receiving ShopNBC.com on that channel and then all of sudden I was getting FSE on 616. For about two weeks I had this channel and my understanding was that it had been added to the SportsPack. Now, it seems to be gone. I get a Channel Not Available message on my D10 and ShopNBC again on my DirecTiVo units. Anybody know the story here?

Secondly, a few minutes ago my stand-alone TiVo reported a new message that they were adding the following channels:

9995 SKYSPO1
9996 SKYONES
9999 SKYNWS

Anybody know what this is about. Any chance we are about to get SkySports, SkyOne, and SkyNews on DirecTV. That would be fabulous!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   corsig

corsig

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:39 PM

I just checked and I don't see any thing.

I have a bunch of 9XXX channels that says "to be announced"

#3 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:41 PM

No 9XXX channels listed on my H20
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#4 OFFLINE   wjarrettc

wjarrettc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:43 PM

I think my FSE problem is a multi-switch. I'm getting the channel on some receivers and not others, even on tuner A on my TiVo but not on tuner B!

Just got confirmation from someone at DirecTV that those sky channels are "test" channels. he would not confirm or deny that they would be going live to the general public in the near future but it sounds promising.

#5 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:03 AM

Sky package comes under total choice or separate Internarional package?

#6 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:39 PM

I don't think it's available at ALL right now. I would like it to be. The channel placement makes it look like they may only be testing or not even there at all.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...