Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Transferring Receivers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jonaswan2

jonaswan2

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

There is no access card department. From what I know, NDS makes the access cards and DirecTV activates and marries them to their recievers.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

There have been multiple posts here that members called and were transferred to the Access Card Department who then immediately changed the status of their receiver(s) from leased to owned. I will bet when you call back you will find nothing has been done. If so, ask that CSR for the Access Card Department and you will probably be transferred.
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5
Series 2.5 DTivos 6.1a x 2
HR10-250s 6.3b: x 2

#23 OFFLINE   idlehands

idlehands

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:52 PM

There have been multiple posts here that members called and were transferred to the Access Card Department who then immediately changed the status of their receiver(s) from leased to owned. I will bet when you call back you will find nothing has been done. If so, ask that CSR for the Access Card Department and you will probably be transferred.

Cool man. I just called them back and asked for Acces Card Dpt. and they transferred me there. Spoke with the lady there and she changed it from leased to owned. As for the receiver I replaced, she said to just keep it. Thanks man

#24 OFFLINE   idlehands

idlehands

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:04 AM

OFF Topic, sorry but I don't want to create a whole new thread for a silly question.

I have a standard def TV with a triple LNB dish and I'm told it can receive HD channels. So could I just get DTV to give me an HD receiver instead of using a standard one and still receive HD channels? Obviously I wouldn't be getting HD resolution but I'd still be able to get the widescreen HBO and the other HD channels in higher bitrate than what a standard def receiver would give.

#25 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:05 AM

Good deal. Probably good to check back with them in a month and make sure it's still owned....just to make sure.
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5
Series 2.5 DTivos 6.1a x 2
HR10-250s 6.3b: x 2

Protected By... spam firewall...And...