Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Does YPbPr Component do 1080i?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chris03053

chris03053

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:54 AM

Hi all,

Will YPbPr Component output on 921 do 1080i?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:24 AM

Sure will.

It was after all the "original"! Just set your 921 to 1080i output.

Hi all,

Will YPbPr Component output on 921 do 1080i?

Mike

"I always wanted to be a scientist, and now I are one."

#3 OFFLINE   chris03053

chris03053

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:17 AM

Thanks Mike,

I thought so. I was having a problem with it. I added a Scaler to it and can't use my DVI output on it, so i hooked up the Component out from 921 and could not get a picture.

Sure will.

It was after all the "original"! Just set your 921 to 1080i output.

#4 OFFLINE   Trebornmel

Trebornmel

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:59 PM

I use the componant output on the 921 and have it set to 1080i. Maybe whatever your pluging it into does not accept 1080i from componant.

#5 OFFLINE   chris03053

chris03053

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:15 PM

Hey thanks,

I'll try it again.

#6 OFFLINE   Larry Caldwell

Larry Caldwell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:21 AM

Thanks Mike,

I thought so. I was having a problem with it. I added a Scaler to it and can't use my DVI output on it, so i hooked up the Component out from 921 and could not get a picture.

You have probably discovered the solution by now, but the 921 will not output a signal on the component plugs while the DVI port is active. You have to unplug everything from the DVI port and reboot the receiver to make the component output active again.

#7 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

There used to be a trick work around with the remote to get both the DVI and Components active at the same time. I tried it once and it worked and I can't remember what it was now! No telling if it still works or not. Seems like it was the jump back button or something like that.
Mike

"I always wanted to be a scientist, and now I are one."

#8 OFFLINE   ntexasdude

ntexasdude

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:42 PM

Just to back the other guys up, my Samsung HDTV only has the component connections and only outputs in 1080i or 480 (no 720p). My 921 has worked flawlessy for 20 months now with the YPbPr/1080i configuration.:)
My time walkin' the blue globe is sparse. Hopefully, see ya'll on the flipside.

#9 OFFLINE   chris03053

chris03053

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:05 PM

I didn't think about taking everything out and re-ooting. I thought it was like plug and play with the DVI and Component.

Thanks Larry

You have probably discovered the solution by now, but the 921 will not output a signal on the component plugs while the DVI port is active. You have to unplug everything from the DVI port and reboot the receiver to make the component output active again.

#10 OFFLINE   Dang The Hung

Dang The Hung

Godfather

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:51 PM

Not to start a Component vs. DVI war, but my Sony HDTV has both component and DVI connections and I notice that the HD I pump through my component inputs has a slightly more vivid picture in regards to color than my DVI does. AS far as clarity goes they are both crystal clear in terms of picture quality.

#11 OFFLINE   chris03053

chris03053

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:10 PM

That's what i want to check too. My HDTV has DVI and Component 1080i inputs. So when i get my scaler back i want to see which one will give me a better picture.

Not to start a Component vs. DVI war, but my Sony HDTV has both component and DVI connections and I notice that the HD I pump through my component inputs has a slightly more vivid picture in regards to color than my DVI does. AS far as clarity goes they are both crystal clear in terms of picture quality.

#12 OFFLINE   Larry Caldwell

Larry Caldwell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:13 PM

It's a good idea to start converting all your equipment to HDMI. The Digital Rights Management standards are not being enforced yet, but the eventual plan is to require a device handshake through the HDMI connection to prevent copying of digital HD material. The component ports will output a reduced resolution signal, better than SD but not as good as true HD.

DRM promises to be a real PITA.

#13 OFFLINE   chris03053

chris03053

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:33 PM

Well, got my Crystalio II back from Hong Kong and my 921 DVI/HDMI works now. :grin:
So i don't have to use the Component anymore.

Thanks for the help.:)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...