Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question about extra dishes....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   patblue03

patblue03

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:08 AM

Hey,
If I want to use my directv service on my tv at my business, how would I do that? Could I just bring a cheapo round dish to work and put it up there, get another SD box, maybe a tivo, and just add it on to my existing account. That would suck if I had to get a whole separate account. Let me know! thanks!
Sony 50" SXRD TV :lol:
Energy 5.1 :grin:
XBOX 360 ;)
Yamaha Receiver :nono:
Monster Power HTS-5100 :hurah:
H20 Directv HD Receiver :)
Cables by Audioquest :D

#2 OFFLINE   Blitz68

Blitz68

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:17 AM

Techinically speaking you would have to get another account. But what you mentioned first would work.
DirecTV Since 1995
(1)HR20-700S
(1)HR21-700B
(1)HR23-700
(1)HR10-250
(2)R15-500
(1)R15-100
(1)D11

#3 OFFLINE   Cap'n Preshoot

Cap'n Preshoot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:36 AM

So long as you did not connect a phone line, which by the way is not a mandatory requirement, the additional receiver could be literally anywhere and no one would be the wiser. However, this is a violation of your subscriber's contract so if you do it I wouldn't go around bragging about it.

#4 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

I see you are in Fullerton, CA, and based on a google search, one of the zip codes in your area, 92832, puts you smack in the great Los Angeles, CA market.

So, if all you are doing is SD programming, and your office is in your same general area, then yes, a "cheapo" single round dish is all you would need.
~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX

If you have a question, I may or may not have an answer.

"Fat people are harder to Kidnap" :lol:

#5 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:56 PM

What is your business? Since you're asking about a cheapo dish and a single box, I'm guessing you're not talking about having the viewing of the program available to the general public. If it's, for instance, a dentist's office and the box would be connected to a TV in the lobby, or it's an "eating and drinking establishment" where there would be a TV viewable by your cutomers, I would think you'd be required in either instance to actually have a separate business/commercial account.

If only for your viewing let's say, you could do it, but technically it is a violation of your customer agreement. All receivers on the same account should be connected to the same phone number.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...