Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Did L3.60 improve your 622 Experience?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Did L3.60 improve your 622? (210 member(s) have cast votes)

Did L3.60 improve your 622?

1. My ViP622 is working fine, without issues. (64 votes [30.48%])

Percentage of vote: 30.48%

2. My ViP622 is still expierencing minor/major issues. Any major issue have reasonable work arounds. (35 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. My ViP622 is still problem ridden, major issues with no work arounds. (11 votes [5.24%])

Percentage of vote: 5.24%

4. Version L3.60 is working better for me than the previous version. (27 votes [12.86%])

Percentage of vote: 12.86%

5. Version L3.60 is a step back from the previous version for me. (16 votes [7.62%])

Percentage of vote: 7.62%

6. Version L3.60 is the same as the previous version for me. (57 votes [27.14%])

Percentage of vote: 27.14%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:06 PM

We have had L3.60 for about a week. Figured it was poll time. Same polls as before with L3.59.

This poll actually is two polls in one.

Poll 1 (How is your 622 behaving after getting L3.59?)
Pick one of the First three choices to indicate how your 622 is behaving after you received the update.

Poll 2 (How is your 622 behaving compared to previous version?)
Pick one of the 2nd group of choices to indicate how your 622 is behaving after you received the update.

Couple of Tips:
Be sure to vote in both polls if applicable. If you vote problem ridden, feel free to indicate why you voted that way (Remember we are in the support forum ). Same goes with why you voted it was a step back.

For people experiencing HDMI issues:
There is a lot of opinions out here dealing with HDMI. Here is my opinion in regards to this poll. If your HDMI failure occurred between software updates or was not a direct result of 3.60 software upgrade, I would take this out of the equation when evaluating your 3.60 experience. Why? Well my logic is that it points more towards a hardware related issue and this poll main goal is to get a finger in the wind reading on the software.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   foghorn2

foghorn2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:44 PM

Looks like a majority of us a doing just fine.

I wonder if the others should just exchange their units and see what happens.

This things has hardly any bugs. I couldn't say that about the SA8300HD that I had with Cox.
"I will save you everyone. and then you can pay me when I'm done" -Stuart Adamson

#3 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 04:59 AM

I've noticed more jitters on sd channels now. L3.59 was better for me as I saw no jitter at all on either sd or hd with it. Other than that I haven't noticed any other improvements.

#4 OFFLINE   jsa_usenet

jsa_usenet

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:27 PM

Since the upgrade my HDMI and line out audio doesn't function.

Tech support said it's a known issue and to wait for a maintenance fix.
Model ID: ViP-622 (2 Units)
Software Version: L3.60
Satellite: Dish 500x2 - Orbits 119/110 61.5
Terrestrial: N/A

#5 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:13 AM

I'm hearing a lot of audio "jittering" ,not out of sync, more of a quiver or jitter. It has gotten to a point that NBC HD is not watchable.
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

Location - Mt. WhereinthehellamI? So. Utah

#6 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:33 PM

I need to change my answer. It is now rebooting just about every day. Annoying.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#7 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

Here are the charts as percentages. I know we are still seeing some issues base on the reports. Will be interesting to see the final verdict for 3.60.

Attached Thumbnails

• HowsIt.jpg
  • CompareIt.jpg

<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#8 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:36 PM

Here are the charts as percentages. I know we are still seeing some issues base on the reports. Will be interesting to see the final verdict for 3.60.

Sounds like they are getting there. Now, if they could only get rid of whatever makes I significant number feel its worse then the previous release/
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#9 OFFLINE   socceteer

socceteer

Icon

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:03 AM

I usually do not turn on my Sound system since the sound from my TV is surround sound. But today I turned on my sound system (Bose Lifestyle Home-theater) using the digital connection and I do not have any sound since the new update.

Does anyone else have this problem. I have heard from some people who had problems in the past with their 811 and 921 where some home-theaters are not working.
DVR 622 , DVR 510, HDTV 811
Satelites: 110,119,148,129 Switch 44

#10 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:24 AM

What type of connection socceteer? Is it digital or RCA? if digital, First place I would check is make sure you are properly configured. I have an Pioneer Elite Receiver and if I loose power, My optical configuration that maps my optical inputs to a given selection on my receiver is lost. Also there I have a setting for analog/digital. If It is flipped to analog and I don't have RCA inputs I dont' get audio.

As for being a 622 issue, I have not read posts about anyone loosing it on the optical. Have read one post saying they lost it on the HDMI.

#11 OFFLINE   socceteer

socceteer

Icon

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:30 AM

What type of connection socceteer? Is it digital or RCA? if digital, First place I would check is make sure you are properly configured. I have an Pioneer Elite Receiver and if I loose power, My optical configuration that maps my optical inputs to a given selection on my receiver is lost. Also there I have a setting for analog/digital. If It is flipped to analog and I don't have RCA inputs I dont' get audio.

As for being a 622 issue, I have not read posts about anyone loosing it on the optical. Have read one post saying they lost it on the HDMI.

Thanks for the append...I do have optical cables connected to my system. Bose does not seam to have a setup option I can navigate easily. I was playing with it last night and I tried another HD receiver, and I was not getting any sound either, I a am not sure now if it is not the receiver. I was working fine, but with electronics, you never know. I will try a new cable tonight. It look like the cable was fine, I had a light on both sides.

Oh well. Thanks again I will have to continue to debug it.

#12 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:43 AM

SO it just uses RCA for input? Should be pretty straight forward. Not sure what part of CA you are in, but we did have some power issues during the heat wave. Could it possibly taken out your Bose?

#13 OFFLINE   Duncan

Duncan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:19 AM

HDMI no longer works. Worked fine since I got the 622 now it's dead.

#14 OFFLINE   socceteer

socceteer

Icon

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:18 AM

SO it just uses RCA for input? Should be pretty straight forward. Not sure what part of CA you are in, but we did have some power issues during the heat wave. Could it possibly taken out your Bose?

Hi Ron

Thanks for the information. After playing with it for a while, I discovered a huge user error. The optical cable was connect on the wrong place. Output instead of Input..!

Sorry and thanks

#15 OFFLINE   pac53

pac53

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:10 PM

Not sure what's going on but suddenly I've been getting jittering pictures as well as out of lip sync. I've had the 622 only about a month but just now started experiencing these problems. So I would have to say that the new firmware is a step backward. I've also started experiencing pixelation which wasn't present previously.

#16 OFFLINE   jagdish

jagdish

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:16 PM

I am very upset with video display problem. It doesn't display properly in the screen/tv. I cant display a video in the left corner in the screen. First it has shift to right then draw.. [:(]

#17 OFFLINE   wkomorow

wkomorow

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:21 PM

My 622 was working fine until the last release. I am now getting jittery video, which I never had before - pressing the replay button seems to fix it for a while.

#18 OFFLINE   Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:01 AM

My two 622s are performing flawlessly. I 've seen very little or no jitter any longer with this software. I just hope that no new software updates will screw this up.

#19 OFFLINE   boylehome

boylehome

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:30 PM

My two 622s are performing flawlessly. I 've seen very little or no jitter any longer with this software. I just hope that no new software updates will screw this up.

I agree, mine are working extremely well. If the courts smash E* for the TIVO copyright infringement in a fashion that the courts dealt him a blow concerning DNS, I have a feeling that my 622's will function very basically with lots of limitations.

#20 OFFLINE   gweempose

gweempose

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:31 AM

Not sure what's going on but suddenly I've been getting jittering pictures as well as out of lip sync. I've had the 622 only about a month but just now started experiencing these problems. So I would have to say that the new firmware is a step backward. I've also started experiencing pixelation which wasn't present previously.

Ditto. My 622 was working perfectly when I went away on vacation a week ago. When I returned home last night, I noticed major lip sync issues and a lot of jitter. Thanks E*! :(

For the record, my setup is HDMI -> Sony SXRD.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...