Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Live pre-season games on NFL ST?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FenceMan

FenceMan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

I am a first time NFL ST (and superfan) subscriber. I am wondering if I can get the live preseason games (specifically my Tennessee Titans)? If I look on the website I see all preseason games listed on channel 212, I know all will be shown on NFL network tape delay, question is can I get them live (and can I get them in HD)?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   anex80

anex80

Legend

• Registered
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

Unless they've changed something since last year you will only get the tape delay games on NFL Network, just like the rest of the world who has NFL Network and does not subscribe to Sunday Ticket. The D* website adds the line "All Pre-season NFL Games" to their Sunday Ticket offering to make it more appealing but it's no different for anyone who doesn't pay the extra $250 price. The only live games will be those in which the NFL Network is broadcasting live to the rest of the world (assuming you don't live too close to the teams playing in which case you will be blacked out altogether).

#3 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

anex80 hit the nail on the head. There was even a thread a few weeks back that had people (inlcuding me :() thinking that this year would be different. No different...the games are either on you local or on the NFL network that all DTV subscribers get.

No advantage to the NFLST for pre-season, only during the regular season until playoffs start.
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#4 OFFLINE   FenceMan

FenceMan

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:24 PM

This probably will not suprise you but I was told by a CSR while ordering that I would get all pre-season games via the NFL ST package.

I guess the $350.00 I spent for the NFL ST and SuperFan isnt enough to get the pre-season games as well...

#5 OFFLINE   ajwillys

ajwillys

Godfather

• Registered
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 07:09 AM

I know this has nothing to do with Directv but you can still (usually) see the preseason games live if you have a big dish that can pull in the station. I know the local chapter of my Browns Backers has found a sports bar with a big dish and is showing all the Browns games live. You might try finding a Titans fan club and see if they have made similar arrangements. Sports bars are usually more than willing to accomodate fan clubs on what would otherwise be a slow night.

If you can't find a Titans fan club watching it, you could also look for a opponent's who might be watching it.

Good luck!

#6 OFFLINE   George_T

George_T

Legend

• Registered
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:06 PM

I know this has nothing to do with Directv but you can still (usually) see the preseason games live if you have a big dish that can pull in the station. I know the local chapter of my Browns Backers has found a sports bar with a big dish and is showing all the Browns games live. You might try finding a Titans fan club and see if they have made similar arrangements. Sports bars are usually more than willing to accomodate fan clubs on what would otherwise be a slow night.

Is there such a thing as a Titans fan club? :lol:

#7 OFFLINE   HockeyKat

HockeyKat

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:06 AM

Here's a related question for you all. If you have the SportsPak, will the pre-season games NOT in your local RSN be blacked out? I have a friend that wants to know if he can see the Steelers games after this week (which I understand is live on the NFL network this sunday) since ST doesn't seem to work for pre-season this year. Do they lift the blackout rules for pre-season, or is he SOL?

#8 OFFLINE   anex80

anex80

Legend

• Registered
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:26 AM

If you have the SportsPak, will the pre-season games NOT in your local RSN be blacked out?

Yes. He should be able to watch the replay on NFL Network but even the replays on the RSN will be blacked out.

#9 OFFLINE   HockeyKat

HockeyKat

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:43 AM

So no chance of seeing live games on the RSNs then, huh?

#10 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:06 PM

Nope, just like any other big sports on the RSN's. The RSN sports pack is always a joke, always blacked out.

#11 OFFLINE   FavreJL04

FavreJL04

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:29 PM

Nope, just like any other big sports on the RSN's. The RSN sports pack is always a joke, always blacked out.

Ain't that the truth. You pay 12 bucks a month and the only thing you gain is the ability to watch what's on your local RSN at a different time, a bunch of infomercials, maybe a couple local pre-game shows or team reports, or the ass end of a game that may run over the time allotted. The leagues are taking it too far with the blackout thing. They are basically telling you which team you will watch ONLY because of where you live. I guess that's why DirecTV will give you a $10 per month credit on the Sports Pack for a 6-month period. I tell ya...that is the only reason I am signed up for it. The most useful channels are ESPN U, CSTV, Outdoor Channel, Fox Soccer Channel, and NBA TV.

#12 OFFLINE   muledoggie

muledoggie

AllStar/Supporter

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:40 AM

Here is an NFL HD schedule:

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl.php
--

GO Mavs, Rangers, Stars, Cowboys, Aggies
Hello to friends of Bill W.

#13 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

You'll get to see the Titans vs the Packers at 1:00 pm PDT on September 1'st.

It will be LIVE on channel 212, but not broadcast in HD.

#14 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:17 PM

Unless they've changed something since last year you will only get the tape delay games on NFL Network, just like the rest of the world who has NFL Network and does not subscribe to Sunday Ticket. .

...another reason I have Sirius satelite radio as back-up to my ST.:D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...