Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H20 Signal Strength (Ka sats)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,948 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 08 August 2006 - 05:30 AM

I have seen some messages about the H20 indicating lower signal strength and checked mine yesterday. The 99 deg. Ka satellite showed n/a for all transponders and 103 showed zero for six transponders and n/a for the others. I was watching the FSNNW HD broadcast of the Seattle-Tampa Bay game, so I figured this couldn't be correct. Is this a software bug?

With my other receivers, when I go to the screen which shows signal strengths, it starts with the satellite position that has been most-recently used. It seems like the H20 goes to 101, no matter what I have been watching, so I can't really*verify that the game was on Spaceway 1.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   iceman2a

iceman2a

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts
  • LocationBOSTON, MA.

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:12 AM

I have seen some messages about the H20 indicating lower signal strength and checked mine yesterday. The 99 deg. Ka satellite showed n/a for all transponders and 103 showed zero for six transponders and n/a for the others. I was watching the FSNNW HD broadcast of the Seattle-Tampa Bay game, so I figured this couldn't be correct. Is this a software bug?

With my other receivers, when I go to the screen which shows signal strengths, it starts with the satellite position that has been most-recently used. It seems like the H20 goes to 101, no matter what I have been watching, so I can't really*verify that the game was on Spaceway 1.

Since the software upgrade in july I no longer see any signal strength on 103 net15 tsps 1-6! not 0, not n/a, just --! Now if that was true, then I should not be seeing any HD locals, but I am! So I think it's a software bug!!
HR21-200
HR20/700
2 H21-200

#3 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:30 AM

Since the software upgrade in july I no longer see any signal strength on 103 net15 tsps 1-6! not 0, not n/a, just --! Now if that was true, then I should not be seeing any HD locals, but I am! So I think it's a software bug!!

I do see a 0, but it takes quite a while for it to show up.

#4 OFFLINE   w6fxj

w6fxj

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

Bob - When DirecTV released software version 0F14 for H20-600 receivers the ability to monitor signal strengths on the 99° satellite went away. DirecTV has failed to advise their tech support CSR's that this is a known problem. Hopefully it will be corrected in a future update. For now, subscribers with H20-600 receivers can not check the signal strength on the 99° satellite.

#5 OFFLINE   bpayne

bpayne

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:24 PM

I do see a 0, but it takes quite a while for it to show up.

Bob, you're not located too far from me- check the signal on sat 99, network 11, transponder 25 and tell me what you see...

#6 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 11:24 PM

Bob, you're not located too far from me- check the signal on sat 99, network 11, transponder 25 and tell me what you see...

All of the transponders on 99 show n/a (this is on a H20-600).

#7 OFFLINE   bpayne

bpayne

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:18 AM

All of the transponders on 99 show n/a (this is on a H20-600).

Something's not right- one of the networks on (net 11) 99 should be giving you straight 0's, the other one (net 10) should N/As across the board...

103 does not have an active spot beam in the Pac NW yet.

#8 OFFLINE   w6fxj

w6fxj

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

bpayne - I suspect you have an H20-100 instead of an H20-600. The bug only affects H20-600's. Open up the access card door and look at the manufacturer's code.

spam firewall