Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

sf95 meter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sstv

sstv

Legend

• Registered
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:27 AM

Anyone who has spent anytime on a hot or cold roof knows the joy of lining up a Sat dish with your wife helping you. In my case its a shouting match from the roof to a open window near the TV using the signal meter on the Sat Recv. NOT GOOD.
So the inexpensive SF95 meter looks like a very good alterative.
I know it is not LAB quality and that there are better meters for more money but for the once every few years, the SF95 should do the trick keeping the wife very happy.
Now my question, can the meter be hooked up thru a MULTI SWITCH., hooking the LNB to one side of the meter and the other side of the meter to the LNB side of the MULTI SWITCH or must the meter be hooked directly to the Recv.
I hope that makes sense.
SSTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:43 PM

it will work, but be sure switch matrix is ok and you select that satellite what the LNBF looking;
buy $20 a pair of CB radio and keep the house warm winter time ;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...