Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL ST SUPER FAN Billing problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ahrjmr

ahrjmr

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:47 AM

:eek2: I received my DTV bill this past weekend. when I looked it over they charged me $99 dollars for the Super Fan package. Last football season DTV sent me a letter in the mail and an e-mail stating I could receive the Super Fan for $49.99.
I called DTV and they credited my account.

Don't get burned by DTV. Call them and make them give you what they promised you !!

Jim

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   morgantown

morgantown

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

Yea, definately check that. They sent me an email saying I'd get it for free and I had to call them on that too.
DTV & NFLST since 97 at least, not looked back yet...

#3 OFFLINE   AnonomissX

AnonomissX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:48 PM

IIRC,

They were going to bill it one month, and an automatic credit was going to follow soon after...I could be wrong, as at the time the info seemed convoluted. I do know it was going to be effective starting on Aug 06 bills.
~Melodie~ Aka AnonomissX

If you have a question, I may or may not have an answer.

"Fat people are harder to Kidnap" :lol:

#4 OFFLINE   shendley

shendley

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:44 PM

Last month I got a csr who, after speaking with his supervisor, said I'd get Superfan for free. He said I'd see a charge and a credit on my bill, but he gave me no confirmation number or anything beyond his ID number to refer to regarding the order. Saw my bill online yesterday with no charge and credit and called. The csr I spoke with said Superfan was not added and that she couldn't do anything about it. I balked and said it was really bad form for DTV to say they're giving you something only to take it back. After several minutes with supervisor, she came back and added it. Now it appears on "My Programming" on the web site.

I had a feeling that was going to happen. You really gotta stay on these guys about this stuff.

#5 OFFLINE   ddeloach1228

ddeloach1228

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

After telling me they wouldn't bill for it, they did. I called and received a credit for the total next month. As previously stated, you need to stay on top of it.

#6 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:06 PM

I had paid half price for it and my last bill showed a credit for that amount. I wish they had a billing procedure that we all could understand. Thay would save themselves a lot of phone traffic.

#7 OFFLINE   Knepster

Knepster

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:18 PM

They actually billed my for it as they said they would. The $99 charge and $99 credit were posted on the same bill.

spam firewall