Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D10 Troubles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   emnrich

emnrich

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

I have 2 D10 recievers and a Phillips Tivo unit. On Saturday night, no inclement weather, one of the D10 signals began to go in and out. After about 10 minutes of this, it lost signal completely. Then, today (Monday) the other D10 loses its signal. Both units have been reset and unplugged for an hour and then restarted, but all I get is the logo and "Searching for satellite signal". I did a quick inspection of the cables and see no problems. The multiswitch feels warm to the touch. The Phillips unit is still getting a good signal. Any ideas where I should check?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:57 PM

First suggestion is try the TiVo at either D10 location and see if their is a signal actually there. Also try the D10 at the TiVo location to see if they work there.

#3 OFFLINE   D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:08 PM

YEp.. swap rec. Then swap ports on the MSW( if ya have any "naked" ones left open). What you describe most always points at the MSW if the rec swap shows nothing gratifying.

PS.. when the tivo is operating does it show both EVEN and ODD numbered channels?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...