Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
941 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

Is anyone getting NDTVIMAGINE on Dishnetwork?????????

READ THIS????????

'NDTV Imagine is now available on the digital TV platform EchoStar in America, says Mr Nair.'

http://www.thehindub...22451161600.htm

Edited by Nina, 01 January 2009 - 11:24 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#182 ONLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

Is anyone getting NDTVIMAGINE on Dishnetwork?????????

READ THIS????????

'NDTV Imagine is now available on the digital TV platform EchoStar in America, says Mr Nair.'

http://www.thehindub...22451161600.htm

Nopes.

#183 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

UTV movies should be coming in Jan to Directv.

No news abt NDTV Imagine unless Nina has something to share with.

Satexplorer, please chime in with your updates.

I havent heard from Chandu in a long time.

Thanks

I just got off the phone with a CSR at DirecTv. Apparently, UTV Movies has launched internally at DirecTv but it will be mid to end of Jan before they start broadcasting to customers.
CSR said nothing has been finalised yet wrt pricing and package

Regards
Gireesh

#184 ONLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

I just got off the phone with a CSR at DirecTv. Apparently, UTV Movies has launched internally at DirecTv but it will be mid to end of Jan before they start broadcasting to customers.
CSR said nothing has been finalised yet wrt pricing and package

Regards
Gireesh

I read somewhere that it will be available on both hindi direct I and II

#185 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

I read somewhere that it will be available on both hindi direct I and II

On the Directv press release it says the same. However, I have been through their Sahara Filmy launch. It is the only difference between HindiDirect I and II. Sahara Filmy was launched as a free preview and then a new tier was created. FIlmy is not worth the money being charged.
Hope they dont do the same with UTV.

Regards
Gireesh

#186 OFFLINE   JKnight

JKnight

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

Seen on the other thread (Uplink Activity for the Week of 1-7-9)
it seems few changes for the international, something NDTV seems to added but hiddem and APUNJ seems to have moved.

Does anyone else see any other changes or additions?

#187 ONLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

Seen on the other thread (Uplink Activity for the Week of 1-7-9)
it seems few changes for the international, something NDTV seems to added but hiddem and APUNJ seems to have moved.

Does anyone else see any other changes or additions?

NDTV Imagine could be on its way then???

#188 OFFLINE   rasheed

rasheed

Godfather

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

I currently subscribe to Dish Network and take just two channels, Zee and Sahara One, though Zee is watched 90% of the time. Sahara One's audio is awful. SONY Ent. also - bad video/audio. I really just want Zee, but Dish requires two, although recently they now permit Zee and Star Plus, for $24.99. And, I'm considering dropping Sahara for Star Plus, but I'm waiting...as the $5 downgrade fee on Dish gets to be a PITA, so I'm going to wait and may drop multiple things at once.

If you go from Zee+Sahara to Zee+Star, you should not get any downgrade fee, since you are not downgrading, but are staying at the same price point. You can do this via phone and they should not charge a fee.

You may want to look at the Hindi Elite which is Sony/Zee/Star One/Star Plus together as well.

Rasheed

#189 OFFLINE   rasheed

rasheed

Godfather

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

NDTV Imagine could be on its way then???

For Dish customers, looks like it. I suspect it may take a few more weeks to launch as they are likely testing signal these upcoming weeks.

Even if a channel is FTA in India or even in the US using a FTA dish, Dish usually charges for the channel or adds it only to its higher priced packages. Dish definitely needs more quality music channels I agree, but looks like there is nothing being offered.

Rasheed

#190 OFFLINE   rnbmusicfan

rnbmusicfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

If you go from Zee+Sahara to Zee+Star, you should not get any downgrade fee, since you are not downgrading, but are staying at the same price point. You can do this via phone and they should not charge a fee.

You may want to look at the Hindi Elite which is Sony/Zee/Star One/Star Plus together as well.

Rasheed

They do charge a fee even if its a "sidegrade", atleast from my numerous experiences with Dish. I was charged switching in the past, and don't want to be told by a CSR nothing about it, and then find it on the bill.

On another note, Dish appears to be phasing out these combos:
Zee+TV Asia (Dish's first Hindi package, by the way)
Zee+Sahara One
TV Asia+Sahara One,
Zee+TV Asia+SET [$34.99]..

and now, from the website, its simplified
to just Zee+SONY, Zee+Star as the "pick any twos", and then its Hindi Elite.

Ok, can you tell me what's the purpose of this point of TV Asia? Edison, NJ based newscasts? Dish has a lot of channels but the pricing brackets don't make sense and some channels are weak. Like I'd think a Guju family would rather have the option of taking Zee and Zee Gujurati together, than 2 Guju channels only plus another 2 Hindi channels to top off at close to $50. Ditto with Punjabi.

TV Asia-It started as the first South Asian cable / satellite network for those in America wanting some sort of TV from India, but its outlived its purpose with channels/programming coming directly from the networks in India. Dunno. Their guide seems to show the same things that it showed 5 years ago. Don't watch it.

Anyways, Fios TV recently added Zee TV and SONY Entertainment. They sell now Zee TV, SONY and TV Asia for $14.99/mo. Compare to Dish that was charging $34.99/mo for those three not too long ago, and some customers maybe still paying that. Dish just got greedy some years back when they were the only game in town, and now they're having it harder to lower prices (because they still have a base that's fine with the price), so they are trying to add more channels to increase value.

Edited by rnbmusicfan, 07 January 2009 - 10:12 PM.

#191 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

NDTV Imagine is uplinked January 7, 2009 at Channel 574 Echostar Satellite 118.7° TP 02 and Echostar Satellite 61.5° TP 08. Availability soon. It is not available within two weeks or more depending upon signal. Also depends upon the programs that will be linked, within delayed 9 1/2 hours.

My Opinion: TOO LATE. I ALREADY MISS ALL OF THE DHARAM VEER SERIES.

uTv Movies should be available on DirecTV WorldDirect Channel 2009 Satellite 95° by Lohri week.

Some Urdu and Punjabi channels are on the way out on Echostar Satellite 61.5° that are shifted to the 6000 channel range. It's time for you to take the free upgrade to 118.7°.

Echostar Satellite 148° is fading on March 16, 2009 so time for you to take the free upgrade as well.

Edited by satexplorer, 07 January 2009 - 11:09 PM.

#192 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

SATEXPLORER

Don.t worry. Ndtv imagine said they will start all the shows afresh, since we are a year behind. (Atleast that's what they said in the email. And that they will update their website soon with all the info. This way you will get to see Dharam Veer from the begining.

#193 OFFLINE   JKnight

JKnight

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

What kind of upgrade will this be for the antenna?

NDTV Imagine is uplinked January 7, 2009 at Channel 574 Echostar Satellite 118.7° TP 02 and Echostar Satellite 61.5° TP 08. Availability soon. It is not available within two weeks or more depending upon signal. Also depends upon the programs that will be linked, within delayed 9 1/2 hours.

My Opinion: TOO LATE. I ALREADY MISS ALL OF THE DHARAM VEER SERIES.

uTv Movies should be available on DirecTV WorldDirect Channel 2009 Satellite 95° by Lohri week.

Some Urdu and Punjabi channels are on the way out on Echostar Satellite 61.5° that are shifted to the 6000 channel range. It's time for you to take the free upgrade to 118.7°.

Echostar Satellite 148° is fading on March 16, 2009 so time for you to take the free upgrade as well.

#194 OFFLINE   xtrawest

xtrawest

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:26 AM

thanks for the info guys, all they are showing right now a repetivie telecast of a same show coz its currently in test mode. There are 2 great shows on this channel these days.. 1. Oye its Friday and other is gonna start soon, Knight Rider Angles where Shahrukh Khan is going to choose the cheerleaders from all over India..!!
Courtsey: ndtvimagine.com/

#195 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

thanks for the info guys, all they are showing right now a repetivie telecast of a same show coz its currently in test mode. There are 2 great shows on this channel these days.. 1. Oye its Friday and other is gonna start soon, Knight Rider Angles where Shahrukh Khan is going to choose the cheerleaders from all over India..!!
Courtsey: ndtvimagine.com/

Do you mean the channel is on air?

#196 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

When is channel ndtvimagine coming to dishnetwork or direct tv

#197 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

You will find out if you can read all the quotes on this page....:hurah:

#198 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

NDTV Imagine is now a DISH Network exclusive channel. Latest news is this channel is broadcasting on January 21, pending the downlink. NDTV Imagine broadcast is likely 10 1/2 hours delayed from India's live feed. Conflicting reports are channel is maybe NDTV 24x7, NDTV 24x7 is a exclusive to DirecTV. The source given on Christmas Eve proves to be NDTV Imagine.

You might receive a newsletter about CricketTicket 2009 which is $299. You may choose any of the 8 tours listed. Indian Premier League is $99, ICC T20 World Championships is $79 and Champions League T20 is $79. Follow this link: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=149881.

#199 OFFLINE   JKnight

JKnight

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

It is NDTV imagine not NDTV 24x7. don't know if the programming will be continued at the same time as india or started refresh.

#200 OFFLINE   amitgupta_email

amitgupta_email

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:10 AM

Any idea on when Direct TV will start uTv Movies? As usual the CSRs have no idea about this channel.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...