Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
936 replies to this topic

#281 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

Good luck gdeep!

Correct me if I'm wrong. Back in November 2008, DISH Network is currently simplifying their international packaging. Alpha ETC Punjabi is merged with ZEE Punjabi in the UK. Harmandir Sahib programming is still there with a logo blocking PTC.

By our scenario starting vector May 2009. PTC Punjabi will have longer Harmandir Sahib programs on DirecTV's HindiDirect. Over on DISH, Alpha ETC Punjabi and MH One are gone. Zee Punjabi, new channel Punjabi TV (Los Angeles) and JUS Punjabi (New York) are available.

Do you think Directv will launch three or all 4 channels on 18th?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#282 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:12 PM

2 channels (uTv Movies and NDTV Good Times) on March 18 if that satellite up in the sky downlinks. 2 channels (NDTV Profit and PTC Punjabi) in couple of weeks.

Slowly ZEE channels are watching their customer base shrink :rolleyes:...

#283 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:33 AM

2 channels (uTv Movies and NDTV Good Times) on March 18 if that satellite up in the sky downlinks. 2 channels (NDTV Profit and PTC Punjabi) in couple of weeks.

Slowly ZEE channels are watching their customer base shrink :rolleyes:...

Hindi CSR was telling me that they will be bringing ZEE and Sony on Directv too. Do you think that might be true?

#284 OFFLINE   yellowtiger

yellowtiger

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

That would be nice but honestly, I don't care about Zee and Sony as much as NDTV Imagine and Colors. It'd be nice if Directv could bring those two to their HindiDirect Packages. Hell, I'd even pay extra for Colors if need be. ;)

#285 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

I called direct tv they told me UTV Movies NDTV good times and NDTV Profit are coming to direct tv on the March 18 and they told me No punjabi channel.
channel

You are right. I was told the same, this morning when I was changing my package. Three channels like u have mentioned tomorrow.

#286 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

You are right. I was told the same, this morning when I was changing my package. Three channels like u have mentioned tomorrow.

It's all 4 if it's 3 the other competitor does not want DirecTV to show the same thing.

It's a long shot to see DirecTV to bring Zee and Sony. Although, popular soaps like Kasamh Se (Zee), Kumkum, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Karam Apnaa Apnaa, Naaginn (Zee) are getting axed.

#287 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

I really don't want to see Zee and Sony on direct tv please it not fair to the people like me who has both dish and direct. I really like direct tv because of MTV India. I might get rid of direct tv because they will put zee and sony on it

#288 OFFLINE   hp123

hp123

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

hi,

i have heard this before..yr ago from same "desi"cus service guy who has been telling people that directtv will bring zee and sony but this will never happen as people have told me that directv will not bring any channel similar to star plus as star plus own by same people who own directv....so we will not see any colour,ndtv imagine or sony,zee tv on this channel.....

i have problems with mtv india guide which never match with what is coming on so u cannot record on dvr and i have tried to deal with directv staff but no luck...anybody has other way to resolve this issue?

thanks
hp

#289 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

hi,

i have heard this before..yr ago from same "desi"cus service guy who has been telling people that directtv will bring zee and sony but this will never happen as people have told me that directv will not bring any channel similar to star plus as star plus own by same people who own directv....so we will not see any colour,ndtv imagine or sony,zee tv on this channel.....

i have problems with mtv india guide which never match with what is coming on so u cannot record on dvr and i have tried to deal with directv staff but no luck...anybody has other way to resolve this issue?

thanks
hp

Directv is no more owned by Newscorp (owners of STAR). it is owned by liberty media now.

#290 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

Does anyone gets UTV or NDTV Profit? I am watching India Vs NZ and thought today is 18th of March, 2009 so I should probably get the new channels...(I have Hindi Direct)

But normally the way DirectTV operates, I wont be surprised if they launch it on 18th of March, 2010 :))

First they said....Early 2009, then they said, Jan 2009, then they said, Feb 2009, then they said, March 2009, then they said...........and the story continues....

#291 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

Does anyone gets UTV or NDTV Profit? I am watching India Vs NZ and thought today is 18th of March, 2009 so I should probably get the new channels...(I have Hindi Direct)

But normally the way DirectTV operates, I wont be surprised if they launch it on 18th of March, 2010 :))

First they said....Early 2009, then they said, Jan 2009, then they said, Feb 2009, then they said, March 2009, then they said...........and the story continues....

Hang on dude...18th just started for you..its still 17th in west coast...have patience

#292 OFFLINE   yellowtiger

yellowtiger

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

My guess is that they'll turn the channels on when its 18th in all timezones in US...

#293 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:16 AM

March 18 at 6am ET

Ch. 2012 UTV Movies (Blockbuster movies also movies bought from ZEE Cinema)

NDTV Good Times (Lifestyle channel)

NDTV Profit (Business channel, alternative to CNBC TV 18)

PTC Punjabi (Punjabi Bhangra, dramas, movies, news, Live? Kirtan from Harmandir Sahib Amritsar)

Edited by satexplorer, 18 March 2009 - 04:10 AM.

#294 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:26 AM

hi,

thanks
hp

MTV India currently here is 10 1/2 hours DELAYED from India's actual broadcast time. DirecTV had a Live broadcast when it debuted. Due to clinches they had delay the broadcast to meet the viewing flexibility.

For example, if MTV India showed a program on Saturday at 7PM IST. The broadcast here will show it Winter time Saturday at 6PM EST and in the Summer time 7PM EDT. When Daylight Savings Time ends, DirecTV doesn't match transmission time.

Currently, the morning programs that start 9:30pm EDT in the DirecTV guide are actually shown the next day at 7am EDT. Meaning the date is exact although delayed hours ago.

#295 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:50 AM

MTV India listings. Remember times given are also available as Eastern time. The given time is minus one hour when DST ends in November.

http://entertainment...ChannelView":0}

#296 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:14 AM

March 18 at 6am ET

PTC Punjabi (Punjabi Bhangra, dramas, movies, news, Live? Kirtan from Harmandir Sahib Amritsar)

do you think Directv will add any other channel on this list today?

#297 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:53 AM

March 18 at 6am ET

Any update on the rest of the channels?

#298 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

UTV Movies picture is off. I can't even see the bottom black bar and top bar is huge.

#299 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

UTV Movies picture is off. I can't even see the bottom black bar and top bar is huge.

Same here. Maybe they are working on it. No news on the rest of the channels.

#300 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

Same here. Maybe they are working on it. No news on the rest of the channels.

All I can say is I'm going to cancel Filmy as that channel sucks. It won't even show any good movies. All I see is reruns over and over and over :)

Also looks like we are only getting one channel today as their site is only shows UTV movies as new channel.

http://www.directv.c...ooternavtype=-1

Edited by gdeep, 18 March 2009 - 05:37 PM.

spam firewall