Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
937 replies to this topic

#301 OFFLINE   kaustubh_d

kaustubh_d

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

Its indeed very good news that UTV has finally been launched today. Unfortunately, the guide is not showing any schedule. I checked the schedule on utv website. It must be the India schedule as it did not match what was being broadcasted at that time. Thats a little surprising. Either that or probably their online schedule is not correct wr.t what they show in India too.

If anybody has an url that shows the correct schedule content (even if it is time delayed w.r.t what we are going to get, thats fine), please paste it here.

Thanks in advance

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#302 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

DIRECTV CSR's didnt know about the other 3 channels. I have emailed NDTV distribution to find out about PROFIT and GOODTIMES.

Nina, can you also find out from NDTV?

Thanks

#303 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

Its indeed very good news that UTV has finally been launched today. Unfortunately, the guide is not showing any schedule. I checked the schedule on utv website. It must be the India schedule as it did not match what was being broadcasted at that time. Thats a little surprising. Either that or probably their online schedule is not correct wr.t what they show in India too.

If anybody has an url that shows the correct schedule content (even if it is time delayed w.r.t what we are going to get, thats fine), please paste it here.

Thanks in advance

I took a peek of the UTV Movies broadcast. The broadcast is not from India nor delayed. It is from here. UTV Movies has set up a office. Disregard the official website for now.

#304 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

DIRECTV CSR's didnt know about the other 3 channels. I have emailed NDTV distribution to find out about PROFIT and GOODTIMES.

Nina, can you also find out from NDTV?

Thanks

How can the CSR'S not know? They told us about the launch of the three channels...Are they trying to draw more customers towards directv?
Anyhow, try calling this number which is the office for NDTV and ask them 817-773-4375 (office in U.S)

#305 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:57 AM

http://www.siliconin...-nid-53840.html

Looks like we are about a month behind on movies playing in India. Oye lucky oye played in India around Feb and we are going to see it this month. Fashion just recently played in india and we are going to see it in April.

Also, the picture got off again this morning. The top black bar is showing but the bottom is gone again.

#306 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

How can the CSR'S not know? They told us about the launch of the three channels...Are they trying to draw more customers towards directv?
Anyhow, try calling this number which is the office for NDTV and ask them 817-773-4375 (office in U.S)

This number is for NDTV Imagine. They dont have clue abt PROFIT and Goodtimes.

Anybody has luck with status?

#307 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

Thanks for writing.

We have some exciting new offers that make it one of the best times to sign up for DIRECTV.

We don't carry NDTV Profit and Goodtimes channels right now and we don't currently have plans to add it to our lineup.

However, I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management.

In addition, whenever we add channels to our lineup, we release a statement to the press, so keep an eye on the news to find out about the newest channels or visit our web site at directv.com/pr.

We have set up two ways for you to get immediate responses to all of your questions and begin enjoying DIRECTV:

For information about our current offers or to place your order online in just minutes, simply go to directv.com/getdirectv.

You can also call us at 1-800-DIRECTV from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. ET daily to get answers to your questions..

Thanks again for writing.

SATEXPLORER,

Can you find out if its going to make it?

#308 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:27 AM

Thanks for writing.

We have some exciting new offers that make it one of the best times to sign up for DIRECTV.

We don't carry NDTV Profit and Goodtimes channels right now and we don't currently have plans to add it to our lineup.

However, I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management.

In addition, whenever we add channels to our lineup, we release a statement to the press, so keep an eye on the news to find out about the newest channels or visit our web site at directv.com/pr.

We have set up two ways for you to get immediate responses to all of your questions and begin enjoying DIRECTV:

For information about our current offers or to place your order online in just minutes, simply go to directv.com/getdirectv.

You can also call us at 1-800-DIRECTV from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. ET daily to get answers to your questions..

Thanks again for writing.

SATEXPLORER,

Can you find out if its going to make it?

This really sucks. Why did Directv lie to us?

#309 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

I am telling you DIRECTTV SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS .......***$$$$$$es....really....................There is not even a single person in DirectTV who works....................All LAZY A$$ES.........How much time it takes to update the correct schedule for MTV or UTV..........Hire Me for 10$ per hour......Spend just 100 bucks for 10 hours and I will have correct schedule for all the Hindi Package channel for month......but Bastards DirectTV Workers does not have even 100$ to spend..........

#310 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:30 AM

This really sucks. Why did Directv lie to us?

Which directv phone number did you use?

#311 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

This is unbelievable!!!!
I just phoned Dtv south asian dept. I spoke to a rep.there and asked about the two channels. Said they were on air!!!
Even named the channels as NDPT...Ndtvprofit...channel 2009 and NDGT...channel2010 Ndtvgoodtimes. Was going to send the signal(that's what Rep. said). Cut off my line after a brief pause. When I called back to speak to the same Rep. I was told that Rep. was out for lunch. The other Rep. denied about the channels.
Maybe the channels will launch next week???????

Edited by Nina, 20 March 2009 - 12:13 PM.

#312 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:18 AM

This is unbelievable!!!!
I just phoned Dtv south asian dept. I spoke to a lady there and asked her about the two channels. She said they were on air!!!
She even named the channels as NDPT...Ndtvprofit...channel 2009 and NDGT...channel2010 Ndtvgoodtimes. She was going to send the signal(that's what she said).She cut off my line after a brief pause. When I called back to speak to her , she was out for lunch (I was told ,she was there I know) and the next Rep. denied about the channels.

Whats the Dtv south asian phone no.?

#313 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

Whats the Dtv south asian phone no.?

1-800-378-3309

#314 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

First Hindi Package they give only 9 Channels. Out of those 9 Channels , 4 of the Channel has Wrong GUIDE information..........IF I see someone who says DIRECTTV is good..I would like to slap that person..........They need to do REALITY CHECK. There will be atleast 10,000 Hindi 1 Subscribers and mupltiply that amount with 30$ per Month. For this huge amount of monthly income..they cant fix this small issues???????Son of Bi******....All DirectTV Employers...They should be ashamed of taking their SALARY.......

#315 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

1-800-378-3309

Thanks.

I called this number and spoke to Hindi CSR. She doesnt have a clue about NDTV PROFIT or GOODTIMES channels let alone telling me whether they will come or not.

#316 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

That's right now CSRs are saying Directv will add new channels in near future. They won't even name which channels now. Last week they were giving out channel names. I wish I can get Dish network......

Also, I got email back from Cinemaya media (PTC punjabi) and it says that Directv will launch PTC punjabi in 2 to 3 months.

#317 OFFLINE   hp123

hp123

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

hi

i was told by cs that price will go up on hindi package...donot how much as it can go up to 39.99 since adding ashta channel and new movie channel wonot be free so just wait and watch.....i can stay with them as long as 34.99 but not more than that...as direct tv has 3 news channels...one cricket channel....(?not worth penny for me) and mtv india never had correct schedule.........star one ....few programm...other wise rerun shows.....so we will be paying for star plus and ashta channel and new utv movie channel .......they told me it will take 2-3 months before ndtv good times(not great channel in india...almost ready to shut down per news in india in jan 09...indian television.com ) and ndtv profit.....people who have stock market in india....than worth it.......
and direct tv won't give u choice for package but u pay or no choice.....gets expensive.....as they had increase preffer choice ....6 dollar in last 2 yrs

thanks
hp

#318 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

hi

i was told by cs that price will go up on hindi package...donot how much as it can go up to 39.99 since adding ashta channel and new movie channel wonot be free so just wait and watch.....i can stay with them as long as 34.99 but not more than that...as direct tv has 3 news channels...one cricket channel....(?not worth penny for me) and mtv india never had correct schedule.........star one ....few programm...other wise rerun shows.....so we will be paying for star plus and ashta channel and new utv movie channel .......they told me it will take 2-3 months before ndtv good times(not great channel in india...almost ready to shut down per news in india in jan 09...indian television.com ) and ndtv profit.....people who have stock market in india....than worth it.......
and direct tv won't give u choice for package but u pay or no choice.....gets expensive.....as they had increase preffer choice ....6 dollar in last 2 yrs

thanks
hp

Any guesses to will the price increase happen before PROFIT/GOODTIMES or after?

#319 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

Any Idea on the schedule of UTV Movies...Damn, I cant record any movies since it all shows UTV Movies..........

#320 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

Looks like UTVI will soon make it to US.

http://www.televisio...p?id=1237808583

spam firewall