Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
941 replies to this topic

#441 OFFLINE   JKnight

JKnight

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

i just spoke to directv..so far what i have received info is that it could launch as a la carte for $14.99 and could be up as early as wednesday.

#442 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:15 PM

i just spoke to directv..so far what i have received info is that it could launch as a la carte for $14.99 and could be up as early as wednesday.

CSR is right..PTC is la carte for 14.99.

PTC shows up on directv site now so, I'm thinking it should be up an running now.

#443 OFFLINE   JKnight

JKnight

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

CSR is right..PTC is la carte for 14.99.

PTC shows up on directv site now so, I'm thinking it should be up an running now.

Yeah the channel is broadcasting now. After it was added as a la carte onto account.

#444 OFFLINE   sl55on20s

sl55on20s

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:55 AM

So for the people who got PTC Punjabi, how do you like it? How does it compare to Alpha and other Punjabi channels on Dish?

#445 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:06 AM

So for the people who got PTC Punjabi, how do you like it? How does it compare to Alpha and other Punjabi channels on Dish?

All I have seen is news so far. Looks like it's direct feed from india so you won't see the programs that are listed on guide.

I'm also thinking Directv will bring PTC News too.

Edited by gdeep, 20 August 2009 - 10:30 AM.

#446 OFFLINE   JKnight

JKnight

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:30 PM

All I have seen is news so far. Looks like it's direct feed from india so you won't see the programs that are listed on guide.

I'm also thinking Directv will bring PTC News too.

It just happens, each time i have tuned into that channel, I have seen news, but it does look better than other punjabi channels. There was some issues with delayed audio one time i had tuned,

#447 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

It just happens, each time i have tuned into that channel, I have seen news, but it does look better than other punjabi channels. There was some issues with delayed audio one time i had tuned,

Ok i have to admit after watching two days of this channel - This channel suckkkkkkkkkks. I will watch little more over the weekend to see if there is good programming but 75% of the programming is just news. I will drop this channel soon if i see the same programming on weekend.

#448 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

Ok i have to admit after watching two days of this channel - This channel suckkkkkkkkkks. I will watch little more over the weekend to see if there is good programming but 75% of the programming is just news. I will drop this channel soon if i see the same programming on weekend.

:lol:

#449 OFFLINE   sl55on20s

sl55on20s

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

Very weird but I suspect this has to do with the fact that PTC Punjabi has not been launched in Canada because the programming for Canada will only have about an hour max of news daily which will also include local news due to restrictions in Canada. This will be same signal block for the US, minus the local news and Gurbani from the Golden Temple been substituted.

The initial plan was to launch PTC Punjabi in Canada next week but that was delayed so I'm assuming the "actual" signal for the US/Canada of the channel is not been sent to the US yet. Most likely they're waiting until the channel is launched in Canada.

#450 OFFLINE   JKnight

JKnight

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

True that about PTC Punjabi, it seems mainly news and lots of news. I have tuned few times and I see News. Maybe might be my timing, but I was hoping for more than that.

#451 OFFLINE   sl55on20s

sl55on20s

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:45 PM

I would wait a week or so because I don't think the proper signal is been sent to Direct just yet.

#452 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:49 AM

I would wait a week or so because I don't think the proper signal is been sent to Direct just yet.

How do you know that programming will be different in a week or so? Do you have a connection with PTC?

#453 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:14 AM

http://www.indiantel.../aug/aug233.php

#454 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

http://www.indiantel.../aug/aug233.php

Here is official PR from Directv and also has all the major programs that will air on PTC Punjabi.

http://www.businessw...881&newsLang=en

Edited by gdeep, 23 August 2009 - 12:45 AM.

#455 OFFLINE   sl55on20s

sl55on20s

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:39 PM

How do you know that programming will be different in a week or so? Do you have a connection with PTC?

Yes, I know a couple people who are involved in launching PTC in Canada and the US and I can assure you that the programming you see right now is not the programming you will see in the coming weeks.

Thanks for posting the PR from Direct, it really explains the channel and programming.

#456 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

Yes, I know a couple people who are involved in launching PTC in Canada and the US and I can assure you that the programming you see right now is not the programming you will see in the coming weeks.

Thanks for posting the PR from Direct, it really explains the channel and programming.

I hope so, Gurbani from Sachkhand Gurudwara Nanded, MH. Aastha International dropped exclusive from months shows up. DISH Network dodged the churn! In the end, the contract for Harmindar Sahib coverage should be ending this year. I anticipate the churn for all punjabis, will catch up soon.

India pay channels has it this way. Sachkhand Gurudwara Nanded, MH on Zee Punjabi and Harmindar Sahib Amritsar, PB on PTC Punjabi. What happen to International law?

#457 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

Ok i just can't seem to say good things about PTC Punjabi.....I have only seen this channel 4 hours max on average a day.

Beware if you are watching this channel on Plasma as logo might start buring in the screen.

#458 OFFLINE   sl55on20s

sl55on20s

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

Ok i just can't seem to say good things about PTC Punjabi.....I have only seen this channel 4 hours max on average a day.

Beware if you are watching this channel on Plasma as logo might start buring in the screen.

Is the programming still news?

#459 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:39 PM

Is the programming still news?

No actually starting today new programming started...I'm watching show called studio bollywood.

One thing if you can let somebody at PTC know is that two logos display one with time and one logo on top of it when pre recorded shows are being shown. Live stuff is fine

And another thing is the shows that are pre recorded the voice and picture aren't in sync. Live programs are fine.

Edited by gdeep, 24 August 2009 - 06:25 PM.

#460 OFFLINE   sl55on20s

sl55on20s

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

No actually starting today new programming started...I'm watching show called studio bollywood.

One thing if you can let somebody at PTC know is that two logos display one with time and one logo on top it when pre recorded shows are being shown. Live stuff is fine

And another thing is the shows that are pre recorded the voice and picture aren't in sync. Live programs are fine.

Ok, I was told that their still fixing the signal issues so you should start to see the issues been fixed in the coming days.

Keep us posted on what you think of the programming as I don't have access to Direct atm.

spam firewall