Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
941 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Chandu

Chandu

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:48 PM

After a long while i checked CRICKETPLUS channel and the volume level for this channel also was low..but not bad as NDTV

It's coming through perfectly fine over here. Just watching the replay of Sri Lanka vs. England 2nd ODI right now and no problems with it. Cool thing this, being able to watch Sri Lanka vs. England on CricketPlus as well as India vs. Australia and Pakistan vs. South Africa on Zee Sports America. This is way cool. :cool:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:43 AM

looks like NDTV is coming good again wrt sound issues.

#43 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:21 PM

I got email from NDTV tech dept after i had mailed them last week.

Good customer service and the NDTV volumes are back to normal since last 2 days.

#44 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

Star TV to expand operations in North America
Tuesday - Oct 16, 2007
Televisionpoint.com Correspondent | Hong Kong
Star TV is expanding distribution of its signature Hindi and Mandarin language programming in North America with the opening of a sales office in Los Angeles. Headed by David Wisnia, Vice-president for Distribution and Sales, the new office will market and drive distribution of Asia's most popular networks in North America.

In the United States, Star is looking to expand distribution of its current slate of four top-rated channels, which are currently available on DirecTV are Star India PLUS, Star One, Star India News and Vijay TV.

Star will also market Star Gold and several Mandarin language channels. Star's Mandarin language channels include Star Chinese, the top-rated general entertainment channel in Taiwan, and Channel [V], the trend-setting youth channel.

Star's Chief Operating Officer, Laureen Ong, says "Asians, particularly those of Indian and Chinese descent, represent the largest growing ethnic group in the United States after Hispanics. We know the US demand for Indian and Chinese programming is growing, and Star is well positioned to offer thousands of hours of quality, original programming to this under-served market."

David Wisnia comes to Star following nearly eight years with Fox Sports International, including four years with Fuel TV. Most recently, Wisnia was Vice-president, Business & Legal Affairs responsible for assisting in providing day-to-day oversight of business and legal affairs department, which supports the Fox Sports/Fuel TV cable television channels, domestically and internationally (including in Latin America, the Middle East and Africa). As part of his business affairs responsibilities, Wisnia was also responsible for launching the Fox Sports networks into Africa and Turkey.

#45 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:17 AM

I just read this article today and you beat me by 2 days by posting it.

Directv will give E* a run for its money in south asian programming if and when star gold makes it.

Thanks

#46 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:17 PM

prashp,

can you find out from your source when star gold will be available on DIRECTV?

its a good movie channel.

thanks

#47 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

That would be nice to have Star Gold channel and Channel V in the Hindi Direct on Direct Tv

#48 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:47 AM

That would be nice to have Star Gold channel and Channel V in the Hindi Direct on Direct Tv

Channel V hindi may not make it as we already have MTV India. It will be good though if both STAR GOLD and V make it.

#49 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:50 PM

Does anyone know when Star Gold and V channel are coming to direct tv because I called direct tv yesterday they don't any thing about this channels coming to direct tv.

#50 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

Does anyone know when Star Gold and V channel are coming to direct tv because I called direct tv yesterday they don't any thing about this channels coming to direct tv.

did u call the international number? - i think it is 8003784179

#51 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

I called the direct tv international number they there is rumor that going around that star gold is coming they don't when

#52 OFFLINE   369

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:04 AM

Hello,

I am a new member and I would kindly like all your expertise here. I currently have comcast triple play, and I am happy with it except that, comcast does not offer and Indian channels.

The only solution to this is getting satellite TV. Now I ive in an apartment and they don't allow to install the dish outside the apartments, I want to know if I put the DISH inside the house, will that work?

Also, which is better in terms of price and channel line ups, DISH or Direct TV. I am interested in watching movies,news,cricket, serials etc.

I would really apprecite if you could help out a NEWBIE here.

Thanks

#53 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:57 PM

I got a call from dishnetwork saying MH1 channel is here on channel 812 I called them they told it is for $3.99/month and does anyone know if this channel is going to come in the free preview channel. Please I hope this channel for new preview

#54 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:45 PM

I got a call from dishnetwork saying MH1 channel is here on channel 812 I called them they told it is for $3.99/month and does anyone know if this channel is going to come in the free preview channel. Please I hope this channel for new preview

Good for Dish Network viewers. I wish Directv can add a punjabi channel.

#55 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 739 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

Good for Dish Network viewers. I wish Directv can add a punjabi channel.

MTV india does show some punjabi songs as well.

#56 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:00 PM

Does anyone have any update when star gold is coming to direct tv or any other india coming to dishnetwork or diecttv

#57 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:50 AM

Neo Sports to launch in US soon. I sent an email to VP of international services of Neo and hopefully i will get more info.

#58 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

Neo Sports is this channel going to come to dishnetwork or directtv Is this is a india channel I really want to know when star gold if someone can give me a update on this channel.

#59 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:26 PM

Neo Sports is this channel going to come to dishnetwork or directtv Is this is a india channel I really want to know when star gold if someone can give me a update on this channel.

Neo sports is indian channel and that is the reason I posted it in this thread (south asian). I don't know yet whether it will air on directv or dishnetwork.

#60 OFFLINE   Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:59 PM

I started reading the thread and did not even realize it started in September ...of 2006!
There are two kinds of Strength: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of Power: The power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...