Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
941 replies to this topic

#661 OFFLINE   jhangir07

jhangir07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

Network will be changing the pricing for International package as of 11/11/10.

The first change is a new $10 International Access Fee will be added to all international accounts except Great Wall TV / Chineese Elite Package.

Most international customers will also see a decrease in their primary international package.

International customers will have the Locals Only price increase a penny to $10.00
Exisiting International customers who pay for the Locals Only package will not see the International Access Fee added to their account.

The following International Packages will see a price DECREASE:

Hindi: Super - Old Price $44.99, New Price $39.99 - Decrease of $5.00
Arabic: Elite Super - Old Price $49.99, New Price $39.99 - Decrease of $10.00
Bangla: Mega - Old Price $39.99, New Price $29.99 - Decrease of $10.00
Brazilian: Elite - Old Price $44.99, New Price $34.99 - Decrease of $10.00
Greek: Elite - Old Price $34.99, New Price $24.99 - Decrease of $10.00
Hindi: Mega - Old Price $59.99, New Price $49.99 - Decrease of $10.00
Polish: Super - Old Price $39.99, New Price $29.99 - Decrease of $10.00
Taiwanese: Mega - Old Price $39.99, New Price $29.99 - Decrease of $10.00
Urdu: Pak Mega Pack - Old Price $44.99, New Price $34.99 - Decrease of $10.00
Russian: Mega - $32.99, New Price $22.99 - Decrease $10.00

Price Increases:

French: Eurochannel - Old Price $9.99, New Price $19.00 - Increase $10.00
German: Language Pass - Old Price $27.99, New Price $29.99 - Increase $2.00
Hindi: Cricket - Old Price $19.99, New Price $20.00 - Increase $0.01
Polish: ITVN - Old Price $14.99, New Price $19.99 - Increase $5.00
Polish: Polsat2 - Old Price $14.99, New Price $19.99 - Increase $5.00
Polish: TVN Complete - Old Price $19.99, New Price $24.99 - Increase $5.00
Tamil: Jaya Pack - Old Price $9.99, New Price $19.99 - Increase $10.00

Note: if a customer subscribes to a core package (like DISH America) with their package then they will not have to pay the $10 International Access fee..

Thank You very much hp123 for this info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#662 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:33 AM

http://www.indiantel.../nov/nov174.php

Looks like times now, et now and zoom will be launching soon in the US...could be dish network i guess

can anyone contact echostar?

#663 OFFLINE   jhangir07

jhangir07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

That would be great if Dish Network add Time Now Et and Zoom to Hindi Mega Pack

#664 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:39 AM

http://www.indiantel.../nov/nov174.php

Looks like times now, et now and zoom will be launching soon in the US...could be dish network i guess

can anyone contact echostar?

The article is for Times Now and it's networks to debut to ATN Canada. Since there is a contract dispute that Times Now left DirecTV. Echostar would first test these channels since the last time, DD India failed on one of the Echostar satellites.

Since you miss Times Now, ET Now and Zoom. You never surf the web? Times Now do have live streaming at www. timesnow . tv and then clicking on live tv on one of the bars.

#665 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

The article is for Times Now and it's networks to debut to ATN Canada. Since there is a contract dispute that Times Now left DirecTV. Echostar would first test these channels since the last time, DD India failed on one of the Echostar satellites.

Since you miss Times Now, ET Now and Zoom. You never surf the web? Times Now do have live streaming at www. timesnow . tv and then clicking on live tv on one of the bars.

I do agree times now can be seen on internet. But its always better to watch on TV. This article also mentions that they are in talks to get the feed into US too.

Hope dish carries it sooner than later.

If it happens, DISH will be 100% better than directv in terms of south asian package.

#666 OFFLINE   kickboxer1st

kickboxer1st

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Looks like Zoom and Times Now are uplinked..

649 ZOOM [International Channel] added to 118° TP 8 (SD *TEST* Hidden) x8C
652 TIMES [International Channel] added to 118° TP 8 (SD *TEST* Hidden) x8C

#667 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

Looks like Zoom and Times Now are uplinked..

649 ZOOM [International Channel] added to 118° TP 8 (SD *TEST* Hidden) x8C
652 TIMES [International Channel] added to 118° TP 8 (SD *TEST* Hidden) x8C

Good news!!!

Can you find out when will the status change to Available? Do you see ET (Now) channel too?

#668 OFFLINE   kickboxer1st

kickboxer1st

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:27 AM

Sometimes it takes a week or two for them to make it available. I was able to scan the channel with a fta receiver and they have EPG already. So, it shouldn't take too long. I was only able to scan Times now and Zoom. I did not see ET now.

Good news!!!

Can you find out when will the status change to Available? Do you see ET (Now) channel too?

#669 OFFLINE   hp123

hp123

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

hello,

aastha channel gone from direct tv...last i heard from high level person in dishnetwork....aashta coming to dishnetwork in jan -feb2011.

thanks
hp

#670 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

Any update on when Times Now and Zoom will start on Dish? What happened to ET Now?

#671 OFFLINE   kickboxer1st

kickboxer1st

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

looks like both Zoom and Times now are uplinked to 61.5. My guess would be that by next week or the week after, they will uplink them.

#672 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:01 AM

I need some help. I called Dishnetwork to cancel my subscription. I asked, Will someone come to remove dish from my apartment and they said 99$ fee. I said, any cheaper alternative, they said...Yeah, you can send the Dish back to them OR ask a retailer.

My Question is: Do I really need to send the Dish back or I can simply throw away? I dont want to pay 99$ if they really dont care or dont charge me.

Also, I am surprised, although I called them, the programming is still coming, Does it mean, they are going to continue it till my billing month ends.

#673 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:01 AM

Anyone know if DirectTV is going to expand their Hindi Packages soon? I would love to have Sony and Zee tv in DirectTV, not sure why they are not getting it.

#674 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

I need some help. I called Dishnetwork to cancel my subscription. I asked, Will someone come to remove dish from my apartment and they said 99$ fee. I said, any cheaper alternative, they said...Yeah, you can send the Dish back to them OR ask a retailer.

My Question is: Do I really need to send the Dish back or I can simply throw away? I dont want to pay 99$ if they really dont care or dont charge me.

Also, I am surprised, although I called them, the programming is still coming, Does it mean, they are going to continue it till my billing month ends.

AFAIK, Dish or Directv just need their receivers (+remote) back and they even send UPS boxes for the same.

They dont want the dish and it can be left as it is in the apartment or safely disposed off.

I dont know if anything changed recently to their policy.

#675 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Anyone know if DirectTV is going to expand their Hindi Packages soon? I would love to have Sony and Zee tv in DirectTV, not sure why they are not getting it.

I'm surprised that you are moving away from dish into directv for south asian cannels. I always thought dish is adding more new channels and directv is removing them.

#676 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

@ Quizzer...Actually its a long story. I have both DishNetwork and DirectTV. I like American Programs, being a Sports and Movie fan in DirectTV, so I dont want to get rid of DirectTV completely. I had a choice to either remove DishNetwork or DirectTV International (Hindi Package). I have this both since last 3 years or so, and I think, SetMAx, ZeeCinema and B4U Movies are kinda of waste channels in Dishnetwork. They put the same movies again and again. Hindi News Channel are not at all attractive. AapkaColors I only loved one program, Big Boss and that also they did not show in US. So, I was mainly watching only 2 channels..SONY and ZEE and sometimes, B4U Music. Since I have Mtv in DirectTV, only 2 channel that I am going to miss is Sony and Zee. I am kinda hopeful that DirectTV will add this 2 channels sometime in 2011 (not sure but hopeful). But paying 65$ to Dishnetwork for 2 channels is not worth it for me. I could have cut down and choose to go for either Sony and Zee tv package with perhaps B4U but then, 25+5+10+5 = 45$ for 3 channels is expensive deal. (25$ for 2 channel package, 5$ for B4u + 10$ for not having local or american channels from dish charge + 5$ I think they charge today for not having phone line attach or something). What do you think? Bad Decision or Good? Any hope for DirectTV to add any more Programming Channel for Hindi Packages?

#677 OFFLINE   hp123

hp123

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

i used to have direct tv when contract expired we decided to move dishnetwork since there is no good communication with direct tv about removing channels ,

i have two family member who were with direct tv with new contract because of aashta channel which is gone but they cannot cancel contract because "we can remove or add channel without notification"which was answer we got from direct tv.......

i have talked to dishnetwork southasian department in denver who was willing to listen request and they are working to bring more channels in international ......so

direc tv will not add any zee tv or sony tv since dishnetwork has exclusive rights

direct tv international sucks big time.....please stay away if u need international....
people donot have much choice so dishnet work is the second options.....

thanks
hp

#678 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

When I called up DishNetwork, They said, if you decided to stay with us, they will have new equipement install free of cost. I am not sure how much of a difference new equipment would made, but currently, SONY Broadcast is just pathetic in DishNetwork. You can not see the way they broadcast hindi channels in DishNetwork...Its dull. Would you know?

#679 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

i used to have direct tv when contract expired we decided to move dishnetwork since there is no good communication with direct tv about removing channels ,

i have two family member who were with direct tv with new contract because of aashta channel which is gone but they cannot cancel contract because "we can remove or add channel without notification"which was answer we got from direct tv.......

i have talked to dishnetwork southasian department in denver who was willing to listen request and they are working to bring more channels in international ......so

direc tv will not add any zee tv or sony tv since dishnetwork has exclusive rights

direct tv international sucks big time.....please stay away if u need international....
people donot have much choice so dishnet work is the second options.....

thanks
hp

Can you find out when ET NOW will be added to the list?

#680 OFFLINE   jhangir07

jhangir07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:23 PM

Look like AASTHA channel will be added on DISH Network

spam firewall