Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
937 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:48 PM

When is star gold coming to direct tv please let me know about any update

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:31 PM

Does anyone know if there is any new india channel coming to direct tv or dishnetwork I really want to know when Sgtar gold is coming to direct tv

#63 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:35 PM

NDTVIMAGINE is the channel some of us are waiting for. Hope DTV will air it. Their NDTV24x7 is an amazing news channel. This entertainment channel will be a cherry on the cake. You tube has amazing videos on that.

#64 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:17 PM

NDTV Imagine will air on Directv due to exclusive contract between directv and ndtv. My guess is NDTV imagine will air in March on Directv. Another guess is that Directv will charge extra for this channel.

#65 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:16 PM

It will be good if the complete NDTV bouquet comes to DTV.

I will be interedted in NDTV profit, Imagine and Goodlife.

Thanks,

NDTV 24/7 fan

#66 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:27 PM

It will be good if the complete NDTV bouquet comes to DTV.

I will be interedted in NDTV profit, Imagine and Goodlife.

Thanks,

NDTV 24/7 fan

I agree with you completely. NDTV is planning to launch three channels which includes a movie channel.

#67 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

NDTV Imagine will air on Directv due to exclusive contract between directv and ndtv. My guess is NDTV imagine will air in March on Directv. Another guess is that Directv will charge extra for this channel.

Will be worth it even if DTV charges extra.!!!!!

#68 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:27 PM

Kaun Banega Crorepati Did the show start yet? Does anyone know any information about that new channel coming to direct tv NDTV Image

#69 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

I guess KBC-3 will start in summer.

We should try calling DTV international services to find if they have any plans for carrying NDTV Imagine in the future.

Thanks

#70 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:57 PM

I guess KBC-3 will start in summer.

We should try calling DTV international services to find if they have any plans for carrying NDTV Imagine in the future.

Thanks

This is the email for the Distribution for NDTVIMAGINE. Try emailing and lets see the response. I emailed and they replied right away and last week they said they are closing the deal with DTV. I guess the more emails they get the more encouraged they are. This is the email address.

imaginedistribution@ndtvimagine.com

#71 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

I have direct tv international service and they don't have any information about the channel star gold or ndtvimage channel coming to direct tv

#72 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:43 AM

I have direct tv international service and they don't have any information about the channel star gold or ndtvimage channel coming to direct tv

My experience with calling DTV regarding any new channel has always been very dissapointing. They hardly give any correct info. When MTVI launched I was not aware and when I called DTV they said they had no idea, while the channel had launched a week ago.
Best is to write to NDTVIMAGINE for any info.

#73 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

I agree with Nina about directv csr's. They dont have a clue wrt new international channels. We need to contact the channel groups directly.

I emailed them last night and no reply so far. will update if they do.

#74 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:50 AM

Today I got a call from Dish Network that M1 one is on free preview on channel 573

Enjoy the free preview

#75 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:06 AM

Heard from my friend that STAR GOLD will start in USA from Feb 15th. It seems they have already started programming advt with ET and PT in STAR GOLD.

It will come to Directv i guess!!!

Can someone call directv/star and confirm???

Thanks

#76 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:06 AM

Heard from my friend that STAR GOLD will start in USA from Feb 15th. It seems they have already started programming advt with ET and PT in STAR GOLD.

It will come to Directv i guess!!!

Can someone call directv/star and confirm???

Thanks

I called the international line and asked if STARGOLD or NDTVIMAGINE was going to launch anytime and they said they had no idea. They said there was not going to be any addition for southasian package for a long time..............:mad:
Does STAR or NDTV have an office in the U.S? I could call if anyone has the number.........

#77 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

I called the international line and asked if STARGOLD or NDTVIMAGINE was going to launch anytime and they said they had no idea. They said there was not going to be any addition for southasian package for a long time..............:mad:
Does STAR or NDTV have an office in the U.S? I could call if anyone has the number.........

Don't worry CSRs never know anything about new additions. NDTV Imagine will launch soon on Directv. I think it won't get added until channel goes 24/7 because currently it only airs about 4 hrs of programming every night.

#78 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

I called Direct tv also they have no information about the channel star Gold. Please if anyone has the phone number for star please call them.

Thanks

#79 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 734 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

star recently started office in LOS ANGELES.

#80 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

Hey Quzzier
Can you please star office in LA if you have the phone number

spam firewall