Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
941 replies to this topic

#921 OFFLINE   jaguar414

jaguar414

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

sony HD set asia uplinked to dish still not available. channel 9663(695) - SET [MPEG4 HD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 23 ConUS beam

Edited by jaguar414, 25 October 2013 - 03:14 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#922 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hello Friends,

I got a shocking news today after moving to new house. dish network technician reported that there is no way he can get signal to satelite pointing to international channels. This is a huge set back for me. I was also surprised because I could see lot of dish network dishes pointing in the direction where my house is. I can get clear signal in South direction. Is there a possibility technician made a mistake? What are my options if not dish network to see indian channels in HD.

I have optimum package where I get sony, zee, star plus etc but they are not in HD and hence need your suggestion. Please help.

Thank you,

#923 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,265 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

DISH has a IPTV service ... no dish required.

http://www.dishworld.com/

DISH, DishWorld and the Satellite Beacon Logo are Licensed Trademarks of DISH Network L.L.C.
DishWorld is only available in the US
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#924 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Thank you James.

1) Would you or anyone else know what are the range of co-ordinates required to get international programming? I am surprised because we can get whole range from South East to South West 

2) Would you know whether Dishworld broadcasts willow tv in HD or not? 

#925 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thank you James.

1) Would you or anyone else know what are the range of co-ordinates required to get international programming? I am surprised because we can get whole range from South East to South West 

2) Would you know whether Dishworld broadcasts willow tv in HD or not? 

1. You can request a follow-up visit by a supervisor to confirm that you do not have line of sight for getting the DISH installed. Tell them you are going to get the mega pack and HD equipment and they "should" be falling over themselves to get somebody over.

2. One of my colleagues has Dishworld and while quality is ok obviously the satellite route is much better as you will ALWAYS get the best possible picture (other than weather events which are rare).  

#926 OFFLINE   glamanks

glamanks

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

1. You can request a follow-up visit by a supervisor to confirm that you do not have line of sight for getting the DISH installed. Tell them you are going to get the mega pack and HD equipment and they "should" be falling over themselves to get somebody over.

2. One of my colleagues has Dishworld and while quality is ok obviously the satellite route is much better as you will ALWAYS get the best possible picture (other than weather events which are rare).  

Search on Google for DishPointer site and use that site to see if you have line of sight by selecting 118 satellite and your address.  Also, there  are other options to install the dish - on the ground, on the side of the house, or even on the roof to bypass any obstructions.  Dish should be able to do this.  Talk to them.

#927 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

They tried on the side of the house but it seems it can range only South and south east direction and to point to west was not feasible...I will try though calling them again and see if I can give angles through compass to make any sense. Thanx 

#928 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hello Friends,

I got a shocking news today after moving to new house. dish network technician reported that there is no way he can get signal to satelite pointing to international channels. This is a huge set back for me. I was also surprised because I could see lot of dish network dishes pointing in the direction where my house is. I can get clear signal in South direction. Is there a possibility technician made a mistake? What are my options if not dish network to see indian channels in HD.

I have optimum package where I get sony, zee, star plus etc but they are not in HD and hence need your suggestion. Please help.

Thank you,

Go ahead with dishworld IPTV. I changed to DW 3 months back and the HD quality (Willow HD) is almost same as satellite feed. I assume you have a good internet speed. You get more channels at a lower cost.

• dilchahtahai likes this

#929 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Sony is HD now. channel 695...Movies Ok on channel 727

Edited by Nina, 30 October 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#930 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,265 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

FYI: DISH made SET (Sony Entertainment TV) available in HD today (via satellite 118).
  • puri likes this
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#931 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

They tried on the side of the house but it seems it can range only South and south east direction and to point to west was not feasible...I will try though calling them again and see if I can give angles through compass to make any sense. Thanx 

Try to point at 118.75 W aim at a direction South (off coast of Southern California). Obstruction of trees or tall buildings my block your view. Try dishpointer com.

#932 OFFLINE   warko01

warko01

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Any chances or idea when Life Ok could be telecast in HD on Dish?

#933 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

For quite a while now I've subscribed to the Dishnetwork Elite Hindi pack, and the English News pack. Today I see that NDTV is gone from the News pack. Anybody know why?

#934 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

For quite a while now I've subscribed to the Dishnetwork Elite Hindi pack, and the English News pack. Today I see that NDTV is gone from the News pack. Anybody know why?

the contract is expired

#935 OFFLINE   Pagali

Pagali

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

You mean NDTV's contract? But yet I see it's still listed in some other packages... in fact, it's in the International Basic pack. Hmmm.

#936 OFFLINE   glamanks

glamanks

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

It seems that Radio City is being discontinued from Dish Network.  Anyone knows the reason for this and whether the channel would be listed again in the near future?

In addition, it has been a while since we have had new additions.  Any news on which channels we may be able to see in the near future?

#937 OFFLINE   glamanks

glamanks

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

@satexplorer.  Do you know why Radio City was discontinued?  It was one of the better channels in Megapack and different from nonsense drama that is on across most of the channels.  Would love to have it back or something similar.

#938 OFFLINE   glamanks

glamanks

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Sanjeev Kapoor's Food2 is uploaded and part of mega pack.  It's available on 713.  JusCo uploaded on 743 today.

#939 OFFLINE   jaguar414

jaguar414

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

news18 on channel 711 and halla bol  indian kids channel for north america on channel 728 are uplinked today. still not available to viewers.

#940 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

news18 on channel 711 and halla bol  indian kids channel for north america on channel 728 are uplinked today. still not available to viewers.

I think the channel is available from yesterday. Hows the news channel?

Do anyone know which package its on in Dishworld?

Edited by quizzer, 02 August 2014 - 02:53 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...