Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
951 replies to this topic

#126 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

Any new channel coming to dishnetwork or direct tv. I called dishnetwork I asked them to put MTV India in there request form. Because I really like direct tv because of this channel I might get rid of it in september because the star plus and star one is coming on both of my dish. I really want watch NDTV Imagine or Channel V

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#127 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

Any new channel coming to dishnetwork or direct tv. I called dishnetwork I asked them to put MTV India in there request form. Because I really like direct tv because of this channel I might get rid of it in september because the star plus and star one is coming on both of my dish. I really want watch NDTV Imagine or Channel V

Still no news of any new channels. It is the end of the month and NDTVIMAGINE was supposed to launch.
Received e-mail for 9X. To launch in June/July 2008.

#128 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

NDTVIMAGINE going to launch on dishnetwork or direct tv when is launch end of April or end of May . Also 9Xis going to come to dishnetwork or direct tv. If anyone know any information please let me know

#129 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

Still no news of any new channels. It is the end of the month and NDTVIMAGINE was supposed to launch.
Received e-mail for 9X. To launch in June/July 2008.

Nina,

9X is coming to Dish or Directv network?

Did you try calling NDTV Imagine recently?

Thanks

#130 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

Nina,

Any updates on NDTV Imagine and/or 9X?

Thanks

#131 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:42 AM

Nina,

Any updates on NDTV Imagine and/or 9X?

Thanks

None I have given up. I was thinking Dishnetwork is advertising the mega pack for 15 dollars for first three months. Do you think they would add any south asian channels now.?
Ndtv told me the platforms are really giving them a hard time to carry the channels.

#132 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

None I have given up. I was thinking Dishnetwork is advertising the mega pack for 15 dollars for first three months. Do you think they would add any south asian channels now.?
Ndtv told me the platforms are really giving them a hard time to carry the channels.

http://www.indiantel.../may/may172.php

If STAR GOLD is available on Comcast than what about the satellite providers?????

#133 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

Any new hindi channels coming to dishnetwork or direct tv any update please

#134 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

Any new hindi channels coming to dishnetwork or direct tv any update please

Is the Doordarshan channel off the air for three days now or is it anything to do with an upgrade???

#135 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:50 AM

Is the Doordarshan channel off the air for three days now or is it anything to do with an upgrade???

If this is the case, It will be good if 9X or NDTV Imagine replaces DD!!!

#136 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 546 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

Digital transition? contract dispute? signal problems due to the Monsoon returning? I guess DD India should remain FTA on DirecTV. In my opinon The two channels 9X should go to DISH Network and NDTV Imagine should go to DirecTV.

Concrap hasn't distribute the STAR channels. Enough news from Concrap. :nono:

#137 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

Any update with whats going on with doordarshan?

Why is it not being taken off air and replaced with NDTV Imagine or 9X?

Thanks

#138 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

I really don't why they won't take doordarshan and put NDTV Imagine or 9X it would be nice. Can some call direct tv and see what up with this channel. I called they told me they are trying to fix this channel.

#139 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:01 PM

I really don't why they won't take doordarshan and put NDTV Imagine or 9X it would be nice. Can some call direct tv and see what up with this channel. I called they told me they are trying to fix this channel.

They said the same thing to me.......today Ndtvimagine said now it will be anytime between september and october.. :( :( :( :( I was told if we all keep calling DTV regarding this channel and that might make the process speed up a bit...

#140 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

They said the same thing to me.......today Ndtvimagine said now it will be anytime between september and october.. :( :( :( :( I was told if we all keep calling DTV regarding this channel and that might make the process speed up a bit...

NDTV Imagine has started as free channel In middle east and africa.

#141 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

Can anyone tell why I still not getting DD india on direct tv. It been a month I did not get this channel. Does anyone have any information on NDTV Imagine Channel that would be great

#142 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

Any update on NDTV or other channels coming to dishnetwork or direct tv. The DD india is still not working.

#143 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 546 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

UPDATE: Currently NDTV Imagine and 9X finally made their debut as FREE previews on DISH TV India. Colors TV by Viacom 18 debut on TATA Sky.

Reality Asia Channel aired some content from tru TV & Fox Reality. Due to money problems it's been shutdown by both satellite and cable providers in India.

DD India on DirecTV has a uplink issue that is why from the interruption on June 1 2008. The Movie: Rakht and several programs were shown twice forcing a complete shutdown. Usually for brief period in June. A color bar picture showed up.

DISH Network has uplinked a channel TV9 (Telegu) Ch. 807 on July 23 2008.

#144 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

Can anyone tell why I still not getting DD india on direct tv. It been a month I did not get this channel. Does anyone have any information on NDTV Imagine Channel that would be great

From today DTV has removed DDINDIA from the guide.............nina

#145 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 546 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:22 PM

From today DTV has removed DDINDIA from the guide.............nina

Were not the only ones in the United States. DD India was shut down in United Kingdom last month. DD India is available only in their country. Read on:

June 18, 2008

India's state broadcaster DD India's foray into the UK market seems to be shortlived after the channel was removed from the Sky Digital EPG.

DD India Debuted on Sky Digital Satellite on January 30, 2007.

When contacted Rayat TV, who run the channel here, denied rumours of closure and instead wanted to reinforce the message to viewers via BizAsia UK that DD India will be returning on air after a four-week span. While a reason behind the EPG removal wasn't explained, our source did say that the channel was undergoing a management restructure and was also in the midst of revamping the UK recorded shows.

Some in the industry are little sceptical about today's developments as until today, the channel's EPG was displaying "programmes not available" message on the EPG banner, since last weekend. Also, recently DD had sold its News EPG slot to 9X.

DD India has vowed to return next month, whether it does is a completely different take. Before removal, the channel was on EPG 833.

As always, keep it with us for the very latest on developments on DD India.

credit: BizAsia UK

NDTV Imagine will show The Bachchan's Unforgettable Tour next month. Call DirecTV tell them you want the channel!

#146 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 546 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:32 AM

Thursday evening August 14, 2008. Ch. 2025 DD India is replaced by Times Now a news channel with in your face prespective. Too many news channels. Similar to what Sky Digital did to DD India now replaced by 9X News. Word on the streets is Rupert Murdoch was in India. It turns out he invested in a newspaper company.

Someone should grab DirecTV by their earlobes, tell them about NDTV Imagine and 9X sooner not later!

#147 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

Thursday evening August 14, 2008. Ch. 2025 DD India is replaced by Times Now a news channel with in your face prespective. Too many news channels. Similar to what Sky Digital did to DD India now replaced by 9X News. Word on the streets is Rupert Murdoch was in India. It turns out he invested in a newspaper company.

Someone should grab DirecTV by their earlobes, tell them about NDTV Imagine and 9X sooner not later!

I saw Times Now this morning and it doesnt seem to be LIVE. It was showing EDT time. Can someone confirm its LIVE or NOT?

Thanks

#148 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

They have corrected it. India (Times) Now is LIVE...

#149 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 546 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

Rupert Murdoch-promoted News Corporation on Monday said it will invest USD 100-million in the next 12-months to start six regional channels under the Star brand in India.

"We will invest USD 100-million in the next 12 months to launch six regional channels under the Star brand in India,"

News Corporation Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch said in Mumbai.

News Corporation company Dow Jones announced the launch of Dow Jones India Titans 30 index. "We are unveiling the Dow Jones India Titans--a 30-stock index tracking the stock-market performance of prominent Indian companies," Murdoch said.

"It will be licensed to financial institutions as the basis of investment products such as exchange-traded funds," he said.

source: Financial Express August 4, 2008

Where's the interest in NDTV Imagine and 9X. Rupert still loves STAR.

#150 OFFLINE   prashp1

prashp1

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:09 PM

UPDATE: Currently NDTV Imagine and 9X finally made their debut as FREE previews on DISH TV India. Colors TV by Viacom 18 debut on TATA Sky.

Reality Asia Channel aired some content from tru TV & Fox Reality. Due to money problems it's been shutdown by both satellite and cable providers in India.

DD India on DirecTV has a uplink issue that is why from the interruption on June 1 2008. The Movie: Rakht and several programs were shown twice forcing a complete shutdown. Usually for brief period in June. A color bar picture showed up.

DISH Network has uplinked a channel TV9 (Telegu) Ch. 807 on July 23 2008.

TV9 is a 24 Hour Gujarati News channel. It is not Telegu. Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...