Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
941 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:08 PM

Ndtv imagine-Price Increase
Channel 9X-Price Increase even though they have extra concerts/specials
STAR Gold-FTA or place Sahara Filmy to the black list
Channel V India-Alternative to MTV India most of the former VJ's new shows are on STAR One.

South Asian channels on DirecTV should push a la Carte soon. New channels could have you seeing HindiDirect I & II a $5.00 Increase.

Price increase is expected. We do not expect Direct tv to give us these channels for free...Once these channels are in I would think Directv would be considered to be the best platform with south asian channels.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#102 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

When would get all these channels I really excited to know that channel V also might come to direct tv also

#103 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

Ndtv imagine-Price Increase
Channel 9X-Price Increase even though they have extra concerts/specials
STAR Gold-FTA or place Sahara Filmy to the black list
Channel V India-Alternative to MTV India most of the former VJ's new shows are on STAR One.

South Asian channels on DirecTV should push a la Carte soon. New channels could have you seeing HindiDirect I & II a $5.00 Increase.

Any idea when will all these channels become available? We wont mind a slight price increase!!!

#104 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:55 PM

Any idea when will all these channels become available? We wont mind a slight price increase!!!

http://www.indiantel...8/mar/mar56.php

STARPLUS ON DISHNETWORK?????????????

As per the deal, Dish will provide five Asian television channels of Star to South Asian and Chinese viewers.

Star's two Hindi entertainment channels Star Plus and Star One will be included on Dish Network from 19 March. Beginning 26 March, three of Star's Mandarin-language channels - Star Chinese Channel, Star Chinese Movies 2 and Channel [V] Taiwan - will be added to the network.

#105 OFFLINE   himmatwala

himmatwala

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:48 PM

WoW! thats a great news. How about the NDTV Imagine?

http://www.indiantel...8/mar/mar56.php

STARPLUS ON DISHNETWORK?????????????

As per the deal, Dish will provide five Asian television channels of Star to South Asian and Chinese viewers.

Star's two Hindi entertainment channels Star Plus and Star One will be included on Dish Network from 19 March. Beginning 26 March, three of Star's Mandarin-language channels - Star Chinese Channel, Star Chinese Movies 2 and Channel [V] Taiwan - will be added to the network.

VIP722K

#106 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:06 PM

I have dishnetwork and direct tv and already have star one and star plus and know I am hearing that star one star plus is also coming to dishnetwork . I am so surpise the hear this news.

#107 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

I think it's a bad move for directv (for allow star plus and star one make a deal with dishnetwork) as now directv hindi direct customers will move over to dishnetwork to get star plus and star one and many other hindi channels.

#108 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:24 AM

Thank you gdeep for understanding my problem about star plus and star one comng to dishnetwork. I think it not fair either that direct tv let dishnetwork have those channels. See I have both dishes I really don't want to pay for 2 dishes for the same channels. I think direct tv will lose people like that. Does anyone if the star plus and star one coming to mega pack of dishnetwork or la cart.

#109 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

I think it's a bad move for directv (for allow star plus and star one make a deal with dishnetwork) as now directv hindi direct customers will move over to dishnetwork to get star plus and star one and many other hindi channels.

I completely agree with you. Maybe directv will back out of south asian channels. Do guys remember the days when DTV had sony channel and than Dish took over and that was it for south asian channels for Dtv until recently since starplus came.

#110 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

I think to keep there hindidirect I & II customers directv needs to add new hindi channels soon else everybody is going to ditch them. Dishnetwork has alot of channels and plus a cricket channel (zee sports) that airs live cricket games.

I called directv to cancel my service even though I'm still under contract (ends Sept of this year). I told the customer rep that I can't afford it and he said since I am under contract I can't just cancel my service. Next thing he told me is that I can suspend my service for 6 months (no charge of anykind) and then cancel my service once my contract ends.

#111 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

http://indiantelevis...8/mar/mar94.php

Looks like NDTV Imagine on its way to USA in Apr-Jun timeframe.

Nina,

Can you contact NDTV distribution again to see if its going to be Dish or DirecTV?

Thanks

#112 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

Nina,

Can you contact NDTV distribution again to see if its going to be Dish or DirecTV?

Thanks

They keep saying it will be available soon and they will not admit what platform is going to carry it!!! First they said they are closing the deal with DTV and now they are saying they are talking to various platforms.....
I would not really back out of DTV now.....just wait and watch for a couple of months. i spoke to the executive office of DTV and they said if I was to suspend the account than I am looking at starting all over again......

#113 OFFLINE   gdeep

gdeep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

My Directv Service is disconnected now. I will get it again once they add new channels.

#114 OFFLINE   manutd1980

manutd1980

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

has anybody figured abt ndtv imagine

#115 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

Nina,

Thanks

I did. I called India today and they will not say what platform! I have a deep feeling it is going to be dishnetwork!!! It will launch by end of april!!!

#116 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

I did. I called India and they will not say what platform! I have a deep feeling it is going to be dishnetwork!!! It will launch by end of april!!!

My feeling is NDTV Imagine will come in DirecTV only as 24*7 is already present there.

#117 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:06 PM

My feeling is NDTV Imagine will come in DirecTV only as 24*7 is already present there.

Quizzer,

Did you call Directv to find out if the channel is going to launch on DTV?

#118 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:19 PM

Quizzer,

Did you call Directv to find out if the channel is going to launch on DTV?

This is my assumption. NDTV Imagine would not like to be in a crowded space on dish network.

Lets see to what satexplorer or rasheed or chandu has to say. They are big time members on this forum.

#119 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

This is my assumption. NDTV Imagine would not like to be in a crowded space on dish network.

Lets see to what satexplorer or rasheed or chandu has to say. They are big time members on this forum.

http://indiapost.com...e/techbiz/2262/

I thought after reading this post maybe dish will carry ndtvimagine....

#120 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

Any update on NDTV Imagine? Now that april has come...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...