Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
941 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:32 AM

I was told by end of April when I had phoned. What platform? They will not answer.
This is the email to the person who is in charge.

ashwing@ndtvimagine.com

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

I was told by end of April when I had phoned. What platform? They will not answer.
This is the email to the person who is in charge.

ashwing@ndtvimagine.com

Nina,

I have mailed him. Lets see if i get any response.

Thanks

#123 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:41 PM

Any update on NDTV Imagine? Now that april has come...

NDTV Imagine on HindiDirect Ch. 20xx....oh wait a minute, still up there :nono2:

NEW DELHI: The US has asked India to ease its television downlink policy for international content providers, who need to set up an office in the country or operate through a local agent -- a process which makes their operations taxable here.

The US has been raising the issue with the Indian Government through different channels, including the high level bilateral Trade Policy Forum, saying the present downlink policy in India is "overly burdensome and results in a taxable presence" to foreign content providers.

It said the India can oversee the programming content, if it so desires, through its licensed entities like cable operators or direct-to-home providers without requiring them to open office in the country.

"The United States continues to raise this issue with the Indian Government and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting," an official said.

In November 2005, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting had issued a 'Downlink Policy' which applies to international content providers wanting to downlink programming to India. Despite opposition from the global firms, the ministry ruled out any change in the policy in February this year asking them to amend their agreements with the Indian customers making the tax liabilities retrospective in nature from November 11, 2005.

This has upset the US which has started exerting pressure on the government to change the policy, the official said.

source: The Economic Times

#124 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

NDTV Imagine on HindiDirect Ch. 20xx....oh wait a minute, still up there :nono2:

NEW DELHI: The US has asked India to ease its television downlink policy for international content providers, who need to set up an office in the country or operate through a local agent -- a process which makes their operations taxable here.

The US has been raising the issue with the Indian Government through different channels, including the high level bilateral Trade Policy Forum, saying the present downlink policy in India is "overly burdensome and results in a taxable presence" to foreign content providers.

It said the India can oversee the programming content, if it so desires, through its licensed entities like cable operators or direct-to-home providers without requiring them to open office in the country.

"The United States continues to raise this issue with the Indian Government and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting," an official said.

In November 2005, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting had issued a 'Downlink Policy' which applies to international content providers wanting to downlink programming to India. Despite opposition from the global firms, the ministry ruled out any change in the policy in February this year asking them to amend their agreements with the Indian customers making the tax liabilities retrospective in nature from November 11, 2005.

This has upset the US which has started exerting pressure on the government to change the policy, the official said.

source: The Economic Times

No news still?

#125 OFFLINE   manutd1980

manutd1980

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

ne news??

#126 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

Any new channel coming to dishnetwork or direct tv. I called dishnetwork I asked them to put MTV India in there request form. Because I really like direct tv because of this channel I might get rid of it in september because the star plus and star one is coming on both of my dish. I really want watch NDTV Imagine or Channel V

#127 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

Any new channel coming to dishnetwork or direct tv. I called dishnetwork I asked them to put MTV India in there request form. Because I really like direct tv because of this channel I might get rid of it in september because the star plus and star one is coming on both of my dish. I really want watch NDTV Imagine or Channel V

Still no news of any new channels. It is the end of the month and NDTVIMAGINE was supposed to launch.
Received e-mail for 9X. To launch in June/July 2008.

#128 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

NDTVIMAGINE going to launch on dishnetwork or direct tv when is launch end of April or end of May . Also 9Xis going to come to dishnetwork or direct tv. If anyone know any information please let me know

#129 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

Still no news of any new channels. It is the end of the month and NDTVIMAGINE was supposed to launch.
Received e-mail for 9X. To launch in June/July 2008.

Nina,

9X is coming to Dish or Directv network?

Did you try calling NDTV Imagine recently?

Thanks

#130 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

Nina,

Any updates on NDTV Imagine and/or 9X?

Thanks

#131 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:42 AM

Nina,

Any updates on NDTV Imagine and/or 9X?

Thanks

None I have given up. I was thinking Dishnetwork is advertising the mega pack for 15 dollars for first three months. Do you think they would add any south asian channels now.?
Ndtv told me the platforms are really giving them a hard time to carry the channels.

#132 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

None I have given up. I was thinking Dishnetwork is advertising the mega pack for 15 dollars for first three months. Do you think they would add any south asian channels now.?
Ndtv told me the platforms are really giving them a hard time to carry the channels.

http://www.indiantel.../may/may172.php

If STAR GOLD is available on Comcast than what about the satellite providers?????

#133 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

Any new hindi channels coming to dishnetwork or direct tv any update please

#134 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

Any new hindi channels coming to dishnetwork or direct tv any update please

Is the Doordarshan channel off the air for three days now or is it anything to do with an upgrade???

#135 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:50 AM

Is the Doordarshan channel off the air for three days now or is it anything to do with an upgrade???

If this is the case, It will be good if 9X or NDTV Imagine replaces DD!!!

#136 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

Digital transition? contract dispute? signal problems due to the Monsoon returning? I guess DD India should remain FTA on DirecTV. In my opinon The two channels 9X should go to DISH Network and NDTV Imagine should go to DirecTV.

Concrap hasn't distribute the STAR channels. Enough news from Concrap. :nono:

#137 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

Any update with whats going on with doordarshan?

Why is it not being taken off air and replaced with NDTV Imagine or 9X?

Thanks

#138 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

I really don't why they won't take doordarshan and put NDTV Imagine or 9X it would be nice. Can some call direct tv and see what up with this channel. I called they told me they are trying to fix this channel.

#139 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:01 PM

I really don't why they won't take doordarshan and put NDTV Imagine or 9X it would be nice. Can some call direct tv and see what up with this channel. I called they told me they are trying to fix this channel.

They said the same thing to me.......today Ndtvimagine said now it will be anytime between september and october.. :( :( :( :( I was told if we all keep calling DTV regarding this channel and that might make the process speed up a bit...

#140 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

They said the same thing to me.......today Ndtvimagine said now it will be anytime between september and october.. :( :( :( :( I was told if we all keep calling DTV regarding this channel and that might make the process speed up a bit...

NDTV Imagine has started as free channel In middle east and africa.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...