Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

South Asian Indian Channels Directv vs Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
941 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

Can anyone tell why I still not getting DD india on direct tv. It been a month I did not get this channel. Does anyone have any information on NDTV Imagine Channel that would be great

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#142 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

Any update on NDTV or other channels coming to dishnetwork or direct tv. The DD india is still not working.

#143 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

UPDATE: Currently NDTV Imagine and 9X finally made their debut as FREE previews on DISH TV India. Colors TV by Viacom 18 debut on TATA Sky.

Reality Asia Channel aired some content from tru TV & Fox Reality. Due to money problems it's been shutdown by both satellite and cable providers in India.

DD India on DirecTV has a uplink issue that is why from the interruption on June 1 2008. The Movie: Rakht and several programs were shown twice forcing a complete shutdown. Usually for brief period in June. A color bar picture showed up.

DISH Network has uplinked a channel TV9 (Telegu) Ch. 807 on July 23 2008.

#144 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

Can anyone tell why I still not getting DD india on direct tv. It been a month I did not get this channel. Does anyone have any information on NDTV Imagine Channel that would be great

From today DTV has removed DDINDIA from the guide.............nina

#145 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:22 PM

From today DTV has removed DDINDIA from the guide.............nina

Were not the only ones in the United States. DD India was shut down in United Kingdom last month. DD India is available only in their country. Read on:

June 18, 2008

India's state broadcaster DD India's foray into the UK market seems to be shortlived after the channel was removed from the Sky Digital EPG.

DD India Debuted on Sky Digital Satellite on January 30, 2007.

When contacted Rayat TV, who run the channel here, denied rumours of closure and instead wanted to reinforce the message to viewers via BizAsia UK that DD India will be returning on air after a four-week span. While a reason behind the EPG removal wasn't explained, our source did say that the channel was undergoing a management restructure and was also in the midst of revamping the UK recorded shows.

Some in the industry are little sceptical about today's developments as until today, the channel's EPG was displaying "programmes not available" message on the EPG banner, since last weekend. Also, recently DD had sold its News EPG slot to 9X.

DD India has vowed to return next month, whether it does is a completely different take. Before removal, the channel was on EPG 833.

As always, keep it with us for the very latest on developments on DD India.

credit: BizAsia UK

NDTV Imagine will show The Bachchan's Unforgettable Tour next month. Call DirecTV tell them you want the channel!

#146 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:32 AM

Thursday evening August 14, 2008. Ch. 2025 DD India is replaced by Times Now a news channel with in your face prespective. Too many news channels. Similar to what Sky Digital did to DD India now replaced by 9X News. Word on the streets is Rupert Murdoch was in India. It turns out he invested in a newspaper company.

Someone should grab DirecTV by their earlobes, tell them about NDTV Imagine and 9X sooner not later!

#147 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

Thursday evening August 14, 2008. Ch. 2025 DD India is replaced by Times Now a news channel with in your face prespective. Too many news channels. Similar to what Sky Digital did to DD India now replaced by 9X News. Word on the streets is Rupert Murdoch was in India. It turns out he invested in a newspaper company.

Someone should grab DirecTV by their earlobes, tell them about NDTV Imagine and 9X sooner not later!

I saw Times Now this morning and it doesnt seem to be LIVE. It was showing EDT time. Can someone confirm its LIVE or NOT?

Thanks

#148 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

They have corrected it. India (Times) Now is LIVE...

#149 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

Rupert Murdoch-promoted News Corporation on Monday said it will invest USD 100-million in the next 12-months to start six regional channels under the Star brand in India.

"We will invest USD 100-million in the next 12 months to launch six regional channels under the Star brand in India,"

News Corporation Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch said in Mumbai.

News Corporation company Dow Jones announced the launch of Dow Jones India Titans 30 index. "We are unveiling the Dow Jones India Titans--a 30-stock index tracking the stock-market performance of prominent Indian companies," Murdoch said.

"It will be licensed to financial institutions as the basis of investment products such as exchange-traded funds," he said.

source: Financial Express August 4, 2008

Where's the interest in NDTV Imagine and 9X. Rupert still loves STAR.

#150 OFFLINE   prashp1

prashp1

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:09 PM

UPDATE: Currently NDTV Imagine and 9X finally made their debut as FREE previews on DISH TV India. Colors TV by Viacom 18 debut on TATA Sky.

Reality Asia Channel aired some content from tru TV & Fox Reality. Due to money problems it's been shutdown by both satellite and cable providers in India.

DD India on DirecTV has a uplink issue that is why from the interruption on June 1 2008. The Movie: Rakht and several programs were shown twice forcing a complete shutdown. Usually for brief period in June. A color bar picture showed up.

DISH Network has uplinked a channel TV9 (Telegu) Ch. 807 on July 23 2008.

TV9 is a 24 Hour Gujarati News channel. It is not Telegu. Thanks

#151 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:54 AM

I heard from Scott of Satelliteguys that 2 new channels are being added in dish network on 9/10.

Also hindi elite package is going to be launched on that day.

Any guesses on the 2 channels?

9X and NDTV Imagine????

#152 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:50 PM

I heard from Scott of Satelliteguys that 2 new channels are being added in dish network on 9/10.

Also hindi elite package is going to be launched on that day.

Any guesses on the 2 channels?

9X and NDTV Imagine????

I have recieved an email from NDTVIMAGINE confirming launch by end of october...so i dont know. I know 9X had written saying launch of this channel by end of july...

#153 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

When 9X and NDTV Imagine Coming to dishnetwork. When I called dishnetwork they told they still working with this channel and they don"t have any information about this channel. Someone please let me know when is this channel coming I have been waiting for this channels.

#154 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

I have recieved an email from NDTVIMAGINE confirming launch by end of october...so i dont know. I know 9X had written saying launch of this channel by end of july...

Hi Nina,

Only you are in luck with ablity to contact NDTV. Can you find out when are they going to launch here?

Actually I will be happy if Colors channel is able to make it.

Thanks

#155 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:49 AM

Hi Nina,

Only you are in luck with ablity to contact NDTV. Can you find out when are they going to launch here?

Actually I will be happy if Colors channel is able to make it.

Thanks

Hi Quizzer,
Yesterday they told me they are sending the feed on the 20th of october and that it will be a month before we can see the channel...I did not understand the technical side....anyhow with 9x they will launch next year....
email for 9X.........zubin.mehta@inxtv.in

#156 OFFLINE   ppn.rm

ppn.rm

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

What channel on October 20?
I heard that MTV Desi also coming to dishnetwork
I also heard that new punjabi Channel will coming to dishnetwork on wednesday it is called juspunjabi

#157 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

What channel on October 20?
I heard that MTV Desi also coming to dishnetwork
I also heard that new punjabi Channel will coming to dishnetwork on wednesday it is called juspunjabi

MTV DESI is long off..its been replacd by MTV India in Directv.

#158 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

Hi Quizzer,
Yesterday they told me they are sending the feed on the 20th of october and that it will be a month before we can see the channel...I did not understand the technical side....anyhow with 9x they will launch next year....
email for 9X.........zubin.mehta@inxtv.in

Nina, looks like somethings will be figured out after Diwali.

#159 OFFLINE   Nina

Nina

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:38 AM

Nina, looks like somethings will be figured out after Diwali.

Yes you are right.......NDTV IMAGINE emailed saying they are in the testing phase on DISHNETWORK.....(we will have to wait and watch cause they have many different stories)

#160 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:45 PM

*BREAKING NEWS* Sony's sister channel SAB is coming to DISH Network. So far it's uplinked on ch. 575 Satellite 118.7°, Transponder 24. The channel should be ready in November.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...