Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HELP!! :) Upgrading to AT9 from Dual LNB Set Up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

(NOT to CP ya posted while i was typing wink)

So your telling me that using the wobble fine adjustment is to help "us" for something (sats) that are NOT even there YET...

Heck when i did the FIRST At-9 .. the 99/103 wasnt even active either. DTV sent those things to market BEFORE the 99 was active here. They had .. WHICH is pure stupid planning AGAI the only place they were active was in Mich and in the Atl DMA's in BETA. But yet they made the declarartion that ALL new HD cx's had to to have a At-9 regardlees.. (no More P3 installs period for HD and printed a certain date i think it was MARCH 1st by paper .. but then they started it in MID feb.. I got one of these thing BEFORE the HSP.. kindda like EARL and his connect ya know ).

So now your telling me that.. the wobble is for the other future sats that arent even there either...

AND your telling me that your NOT connected to DTV or their HSP nonsence too.. what?

tell me HOW you can adjust sommething that is NOT active. AGAIN.. DTV management has turned into IDIOTS.

I cant stop laughing for real now. SO techs and forum alike go to your AT-9 and adjust it for something that has NO meter readin and EVEN no "sat in" signal available to KNOW what your adjusting for.. Good grief.. Thats the SAME exact thing that happened LAST FEB with the 99.. I must be good are Lucky one ya know (or both) cause i put in 5 -10 AT-9's before the 99 was active too. Ive called EVERY cust after the 99 went active.. and NOT one didnt get the 99 where i have been. I guess i supposed to go to all these houses and then tell the cx's im gonna adjust your dish and not know what in the world im adjusting for.. LOL.. Nothing beaming NO WHERE.. .

I know now brother your in "their web" somehow .. gotta be. Either Asf or hsp, or MSP OR straight DTV area management one.. the more ya print tells me that now.. NO 2 ways about it.

You sound like the voices from Feb.. he he.. And NO im not trying to tear ya up here. Promise.. youd definately know if i was.

That stuff in FEB was crazy to start with ..now. Im going to chance the reduction of current AND FUNCTIONING "sat in" feeds to allow for MORE signal i cant see.. OK.. then. So ill go make the Primary (most watched) sat feed of 101 and decrease the signal even more (which the AT-9 is NOT a design of "smartness" to start with) for somehting i cant see on a meter or a tv.. Hmm ok then.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:20 AM

Capt.

I know your not.. brother.. I respect you tremendously as i know your history and tenure remember.

BUT winging it its not in my vocabulary AT ALL. Im gonna post ya a picture and show ya.. I had "the animal" before their "approved" peole did remember.

Next one i do ill take a screen shot of the meter also. Tell me that the side to side does anything more than what i can do w/ the nominal 1/16 th's and 32nd's of an inch ive always done with any sat. And further more the elevation fine adjustment does the SAME thing as the 2 elevation nominal bolts too. So i stick with conventioanl and choose NOT to play with the china made magnesium .. he he

Re-read.. so if im off the mark with conventional.. why does the 99 say 99-100% every time?

And level.. heres something ya didnt know about me..= 21 yr UNION pipefitter befor the sat trade. SO level and 32nd's and "mic's" is part of my world form the age of 17. I have a compulsive disorder to be frank (lol).

There is NO bump of the line ya know when every thing ya did for 21 yrs is mostly x-rayed.. ya know.

Didnt ya see my post of the "dial pins" per the pole mts BTW. That shoud've told ya something right there.. WAY BEYOND requirements on EVERYthing i touch.. not just these Micky Mouse DBS dishes. Heck i cant hang a picture without a tape measure and a level.. LOL.. Im sick for real i told ya.. LMAO

Hey dont make me get my plumb bob too... now.. (chuckle like crazy)

#23 OFFLINE   D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:09 AM

[ATTACH]6071[/ATTACH]

Here's ya one with dial pins and conduit to boot. (put a level on that.. he he. thats one that i can say "tack it" to and then call for the inspector and the X-ray LMAO)

The good pic's must be too large or something (wont upload).

This job was a HSP NLOS (no line of site) as a fact.

That is the ONLY place on the property it can go. so dont say anything about the window lol. the cx's was well aware before hand.. She had already had the HSP there TWICE and had NLOS from "the kids" and some so-called lead tech from the hsp TOO.. lol

She had 100% on the 99.. and on standard rec on the other sats she saw 90's as i remember correctly.

Tack it..!! pull the welding leads over there..!! LMAO

( oh yeah that a 7 ft pole so tell me how far in the ground it it.. Its got 2 (TWO) pieces of 3/8 all thread running through the pole at 2 (TWO) different elevations as dial pins. and 40 lbs of concrete in it also. (every single one does btw).

Compulsive? and TACK IT!!...! lol

(btw the cust.. will have signal untill she dies .. all she has to do is keep her "butterfly bush" trimmed from growing sideways.

Nlos huh? lol.. = a underpaid and lazy HSP work force. total cost to cust WAS 75$.. btw)

#24 OFFLINE   D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:56 PM

THIS MAY HELP: (lol)

"WHAT YA NEED?":rolleyes:

[ATTACH]6078[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6079[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6080[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6081[/ATTACH]

ppppsssshhhhh! (steam rising)

#25 OFFLINE   Claus

Claus

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:00 PM

Bamtech still does not understand. The AT9 uses only 101Ku and 119Ku for alignment and this will make 99 and 103Ka perfect. This means if Ka is not active in your area AT9 can still be aligned. The wobble is necessary to get perfection. How do you know if AT9 will get interference from new Ka satellite when procedure is ignored? Go on, keep posting nice pictures of wrong aligned AT9s and maybe your customer will discover their back yard and know what is going on. Bob is very smart antenna designer friend of my family, he knows why AT9 needs special attention. I am Claus and have many years of experience with big antennas used for uplink to satellite, VSAT, lots of antennas! I have training for AT9 and understand, why cannot Bamtech understand this is not about simple signal strength?
Claus

#26 OFFLINE   D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

nevermnd.. ( i deleted it for sake of arguement).
Well ill be a "dither pin".!

#27 OFFLINE   Thinker3932

Thinker3932

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

Friday Night on DTV PPV.

Claus versus Bamtech.

:)

I can't imagine why people want to wrestle with the AT-9 when D* will install it free. Beyond me.

Because that's the fun of it! My stuff is on the way and I plan on doing the install myself. It's been years since I worked on C-Band or Ku-Band downlinks and this AT9 will be another beast.

No meter; I just plan on bringing the TV out. I've watched the install training videos and indeed, this is gonna be a lot more work than the original 1 LNB jobbies :)

I hear that once you are done with the install, that you can actually enjoy the programming. That's what I've been told anyway. I don't get to watch much TV anymore, since I am always redesigning the technology infrastructure of the house. And, if it doesn't work, that's why I also have cable :)

spam firewall