Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Release Date For Bay Area of CA???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doaner

Doaner

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

anybody know when its going to be available in the Bay area of CA specifically the
San Jose area?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ShoNuff

ShoNuff

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:27 PM

anybody know when its going to be available in the Bay area of CA specifically the
San Jose area?

I live in Fremont and I just placed my order today and received an install date for Tuesday, 8/22.

#3 OFFLINE   pdawg17

pdawg17

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:40 PM

I live in Fremont and I just placed my order today and received an install date for Tuesday, 8/22.

And you're sure you are getting the HR20? I thought the first month or so was only LA?

Also, what are you going to end up paying for it?

#4 OFFLINE   Doaner

Doaner

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:49 PM

my father ordered it last week
but when the installer came by last monday they didnt have it because its not available yet.

#5 OFFLINE   rodwslc

rodwslc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:25 PM

So is the SF Bay Area able to order the HR20 now?

#6 OFFLINE   Doaner

Doaner

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

i dont actually think so.....read the reply i made before this one

#7 OFFLINE   rodwslc

rodwslc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:16 PM

i dont actually think so.....read the reply i made before this one

I was trying to see if ShoNuff who live in Fremont really was getting the HR20. I guess I'll have to wait until next week to see if he gets one installed or not. That is if he responds to this forum...:)

#8 OFFLINE   Doaner

Doaner

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

i live real close to Fremont and the installation comnpany out here (Expert Satallite) doesnt have the HR20 yet they didnt have them last monday

#9 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,215 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

I was trying to see if ShoNuff who live in Fremont really was getting the HR20. I guess I'll have to wait until next week to see if he gets one installed or not. That is if he responds to this forum...:)

It would probably be prudent to wait at least until there are a few SoCal installs in place before speculating about wider release.

#10 OFFLINE   loubolb

loubolb

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:55 PM

I called last week and they told me it would be available in the fall. Then they took my email addy and told me they would let me know when it would be avail.

#11 OFFLINE   upsfeedr

upsfeedr

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:12 AM

besides u dont want the the first hr20`s they will have bugs in them, i usally wait for 6 months before i get the equipment..

#12 OFFLINE   G_Money

G_Money

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 03:16 PM

Just wanted to subscribe to find out the actual release announcement.

#13 OFFLINE   Darkshade

Darkshade

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:11 AM

I am also interested if anyone in the bay area has heard anything regarding the release timeframe of the HR20. When I talked with Ironwood last week, they said they didn't have any HR20s in stock yet.

#14 OFFLINE   rodwslc

rodwslc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:47 AM

So ShoNuff.... Did you get your HR20 installed yesterday? If so, who did you talk to to get it? Let us know!:)

#15 OFFLINE   LockMD

LockMD

Godfather

• Registered
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:38 AM

When I sign onto D*'s website on my account it shows the HR20 and has it as a 99 dollar upgrade option (I did not order yet) but called CSR and could not even order via them yet :confused:

She says there is no swap offer and what they are doing for LA is 399.

Just another game of roulette.

#16 OFFLINE   Richard A

Richard A

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:23 PM

Just called customer service and ordered the HR20 for $21.60 $19.95 plus tax, install scheduled for August 28th

The rep first told me my cost would be $399.00. I explained to her that I paid 1,000 for my HR10 and was told that I would receive the HR20 for just shipping and handling. She put me on hold, and came back with 299.00 telling me I was receiving a "special rebate". I mentioned again that I paid 1,000 for the HR10 and was told since D* changed their format to MPG4 that I would receive the “replacement” DVR for Shipping and Handling only. I was once again placed on hold and she came back with the HR20 for $19.95, including a new dish and installation.

#17 OFFLINE   G_Money

G_Money

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:38 PM

Richard A - The CSR I talked to checked my zip and said that its "very close" to being available outside the LA, but is still not available.

She wanted to talk prices, etc. - which I cut her off b/c I didn't want to start negotiating about the lease upgrade if she wasn't able to place an order.

Did you talk to a specific dept? Retention?

#18 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:50 PM

Hmm. Wonder if "very close" is Sept. 1? Guess we'll find out soon.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#19 OFFLINE   Richard A

Richard A

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:55 AM

Richard A - The CSR I talked to checked my zip and said that its "very close" to being available outside the LA, but is still not available.

She wanted to talk prices, etc. - which I cut her off b/c I didn't want to start negotiating about the lease upgrade if she wasn't able to place an order.

Did you talk to a specific dept? Retention?

No, I just called 800-494-4388.

#20 OFFLINE   LockMD

LockMD

Godfather

• Registered
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:00 AM

Called Ironwood Communications yesterday to see if they had or knew when they would have the HR20's. I was told they currently have NO HD boxes they have no date when the HR20 will arrive but their next shipment is due on the 31st they 'hope' the HR20 is on that shipment but couldnt give any details.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...