Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Optical illusion?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Darrell S_*

Guest_Darrell S_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2002 - 05:51 PM

I've owned a Pioneer in-dash XM System since Nov. I'm very happy with it except for the lack of scrolling song titles. On Friday the 30th I was listening to the 60's on 6 during their all request hour at 5pm central time. When they would display the 1-866 request line number it started scrolling the whole number across my display. I had to listen awhile when I got home just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Usually I just see the last seven numbers and on some channels they sometimes only display the numbers 1-866. There was still no scrolling song titles though. I wonder if someone at XM was hacking into Pioneer's stupid song title hardware. I e-mailed Pioneer about this about month after I got my system and they gave me a smart aleck answer about people wrecking their cars if the whole song title scrolled.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PeterB

PeterB

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 08:10 AM

That's funny, they don't seem to have problems with highly graphic animated "Screen Savers" on their head units, but no scrolling song titles?

Its a limitation of the hardware, someone forgot to design it in.

spam firewall