Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Has anyone installed a 95/101 dish?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Skip Towne

Skip Towne

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:02 PM

I did one today but was unable to get a signal on 95. Signal Quality in the 80's on 101. Do you need to run an auto-configure after aiming the dish? What else could be wrong?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

I did one today but was unable to get a signal on 95. Signal Quality in the 80's on 101. Do you need to run an auto-configure after aiming the dish? What else could be wrong?

is this the world direct dish?

IF SO heres a start:

on that 4x4 switch you MUST use the correct port if it is a world direct dish.
(read instructions in switch box for the 22k and 13v VS 18 v ports)

Most likely this is the prob.

ALSO auto config= YES

if this IS a world direct dish brother your lucky in comparison. The other international dishes .. you MUST adjust the polarity to bring in the sig on the LNB fro the 95. Those things can be a nightmare .

Heck for awhile the drop shippers were sending them out as a 2 dish configeration cause Nobody could get a signal off the single dish.. LMAO.

BTW, who ya working for> (PM ME).

#3 OFFLINE   Skip Towne

Skip Towne

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:10 AM

Yes, it is a World Direct dish. We did get on the 95 for about 30 seconds. We saw the same logo that is on the dish and some Oriental people. Then it went back to the previous channel and the CSR's never could get it back. I'm going to go play with it some more today.

#4 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,143 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:30 AM

I did one about six months back. There wern't any instructions in the box with the dish. I called D* for the skew an elevation, took some transfering for an answer.

My biggest problem was installing the LNB's, it took a few minutes and a lot of tapping before I relized the 95 went in the center and the 101 was offset. I guessed an connected the 95 to the 18v port on the switch. When I ran autodetect everything popped in with the 101 in the high 90's to 100. The 95 was up there also.

Good Luck.

#5 OFFLINE   D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech

Godfather

• Banned User
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:25 PM

I did one about six months back. There wern't any instructions in the box with the dish. I called D* for the skew an elevation, took some transfering for an answer.

My biggest problem was installing the LNB's, it took a few minutes and a lot of tapping before I relized the 95 went in the center and the 101 was offset. I guessed an connected the 95 to the 18v port on the switch. When I ran autodetect everything popped in with the 101 in the high 90's to 100. The 95 was up there also.

Good Luck.

he he... honesty I LOVE IT!.

Yall go get one of the original Internationals and play with that THING. lol..
Now that thing is a NUT for real. Ill take the "world direct" any day.

Heck a 90cm FTA to amc-4(WEAK) is easier to me...

You guys ever scene one btw?. (thats the one that the D- shippers started sending a 18" rd with for the 101 btw). iT HAS A CLAMP FOR THE 95 (which is linear polarity btw and has a lnb skew, not the dish) and then this micky mouse flimsy clamp that then offsets the 101 circular lnb to the side. It dont even look right LMAO... Like i said BE THANKFUL for the World direct by far!

#6 OFFLINE   Skip Towne

Skip Towne

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:24 AM

Good Luck.

I think you just solved my probem. I have spent a total of 7 hours changing things and still no signal on 95. But I, too, have the 101 in the center. Thanks a bunch.

spam firewall