Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
H20 - So have thing gotten better since the last update?
Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:30 PM
What versions are you running on your H20's
DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:03 PM
Very Very old thread.... and I am certain we are not talking about the same update.
What versions are you running on your H20's
The problem with both my H20-600s just started on August 1 after they both downloaded version 0x2024 (dated 7/31 on my machines). Prior to that update, caller ID worked fine on both.
Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:45 AM
Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:19 AM
Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:05 AM
Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:44 AM
Here are my major complaints:
1) Responsiveness is still horrible. Moving around the guide, I still notice a momentary delay between pressing a button on my remote and the guide responding to the request. This is extremely noticeable on the "Find" menu where I am using the on-screen menu to select letters. It's an exercise in patience: select a letter, wait a second. Down arrow, wait a second. Down again, wait a second. Select another letter, wait a second. It can take minutes to enter a phrase to search the guide for.
2) Speaking of the "Find" menu, it doesn't work. I noticed that my searches would never find the program I'm looking for. Suspicious, I went to the Guide and found a program manually (say, This Old House). I then went to the guide and (after a couple of minutes dealing with #1 above) entered the phrase "This Old House". "This Old House" displays on the dynamic listing to the right, so I highlight it and click on it to view show times, and under "Matching Programs" it isn't there. In fact, it shows just about everything but "This Old House". Super annoying.
3) Stupid "Filter" logic. I create a Favorites list called "BRAD" that contains most of the channels I get - minus all the spanish, shopping, kids and religious channels. Then, while using this list, I press Guide, then "HD Channels". Lo and behold, ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC east and west are in the Guide! Now, none of these channels are in my favorites list, what are they doing in the "HD Channels" filter?
All in all, like I said when I started this post, it looks like a 1st grader programmed this system. I can't believe that they actually tested the software with multiple systems before they rolled it out, as that would mean someone actually noticed one or more of these issues and said "Hey, that's great! Let's go with it!"
I keep reading on here that they have another release in the works. I'll sit here hoping that more experienced programmers jumped on board and addressed some of the issues.
Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:43 AM
I hope this helps.
1 - H20, 2 - D11, 1 - H21
AT-9 Dish, DirecTV since 2000
Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:41 AM
Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:47 AM
Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:12 PM
Channel changing is faster than previous verisions and active features are now working well.
If we can only get two more updates, these receivers would be excellent. We still need to be able to have the HD channel be the default channel when the channel number is shared with the SD equivialent.
And we need to have the one-touch guide option.
Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:25 AM
Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:48 AM
Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:04 AM
Guide is much faster--have to be more sensitive in pressing the buttons on the remote. Moving from channel to channel still has a fairly long pause except for Active button which now works but is curiously much slower in returning to previous channel.
Still noticing that there is a significant difference in sound volume when switching from SD to HD channels. Local channels on 72.5 Sat are outright loud in comparison.
Did have to run setup after new software was installed; my receiver lost all the D* channels--had only locals 9-1, 12-1, etc. which I don't get via the H20 anyway. Running setup took about 20 minutes to find the 2 dishes (AT-9 and Single LNB for locals) and load all the D* channels.
On both dishes did receive much higher transponder signals in the 90s--used to be in the 60s & 70s. Have signals on several transponders on the 99 Sat but zeroes on the 103 Sat.
Everything seems to work!
Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:02 AM
I ended up calling DTV and spent well over an hour on the phone with the tech trying everything he knew, including re-flashing the receiver with 2024. Although he tried his absolute best, nothing worked, so they are sending me a new receiver.
I can't say for certain it was the new software that created the problem. The tech did say he had a "gut feel" that it might be related to the "improvements" in the ATSC handling, but who knows for sure?
I will have the new receiver on Tuesday, and will be interested to see if that fixes the problem. At least I can watch the satellite channels without the constant reboot issue.
Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:12 AM
Happens on ATL locals (MPEG 4) and channels 70-79. I have 6 receivers and this only happens on the 2 H20's. (HR20's and HR10's) are fine. 6x8 zinwell multi
The problem is intermittent signal dropouts (clear weather) with 771 message only on the channels outlined above. Definitely not satellite specific. There seem to be dozens of people with this problem on the threads.
Earl, will there be a new software update that might fix this? Is there anyway to go back to the old software? I am at a loss of what to do.
Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:48 AM
FYi - I called D* prior to the 2024 CE and argued with retention that this was unacceptable (I own both boxes and don't have a protection plan). They offered replacements (including an upgrade to an HR20) if I would commit 2 years. At the time, I was debating leaving D* so I didn't take it.... now I'm thinking I should call back and get that HR20 before they change their mind!! :-)