Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Next channel to be removed
Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:24 PM
I think the channel has lost focus and their audience has really dropped since the re-imaging recently. I think they are trying to get the 18-35 audience but the shows they have are aging and aging quickly. The shows will be dated and boring soon.
Also, I think since the channel is owned by one of D* competitors (comcast), that will be a factor in removing it.
Any thoughts or opinions about the next channel or my opinion about G4TV?
Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:05 PM
Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:26 PM
Forgive me if I seem bitter.
Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:59 AM
Phillps Series 1 Tivo 1999
Hughes HDR40 2004
Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:07 AM
Yeah it use to be great when it was z and tech but after the merge with G4 hasnt been worth watching..
I can't begin to list how much I learned when it was z and tech. Sure would be nice for a return.
Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:34 AM
Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:09 AM
Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:52 AM
Directv user since 1995
Samsung DTIVO retired
Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:08 AM
Bring back Leo & Patrick for the screensavers dammit
Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:33 PM
Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:46 PM
Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:13 PM
* TLC is all "reality" interior decore shows all the time, nothing to do with "learning"
* Bravo shows QweerEye, poker, or WestWing every time I am scanning the guide: I thought they were all about theater and fine arts.
* Fox NEWS channel and Cable NEWS network have more op-ed windbags than news by a huge margin,
* CNN HEADLINE NEWS was all about cycling the news every ~1/2 hour, that may seem annoying, but for folks on odd shifts it was a decent way to stay informed (listened to it while checking email and stuff) but that is now just a bunch more talking corpses that think they know everything just like CNN and FNC...
* NHL on OLN...OUTDOOR Life Net, are NHL games ever outside? or even in an open air stadium?
Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:44 PM
Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:59 PM
I think they should get rid of current
Current (Google) channel is one of my favorite channels. And there are few commercials, if any, on it. Its one of the better stations wich seems to be aimed at young, open minded people. I would be upset if we lost Current. As far as G4,I never watch it.But it was far better when it was ZDTV/ TechTV. But times seem to have changed.
Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:48 PM
Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:47 AM
Versus is a stupid name.
The two most worthless channels on DirecTV are Link and Current. Current is a bunch of spoiled rich kids playing TV news station. Link presents irresponsible conspiracy theories and disinformation that does not contribute to the public's understanding of serious issues. There is nothing wrong with responsible viewpoints, whatever they may be. Loopy conspiracy theorist rants are not responsible.
CCTV, which is likewise worthless.
Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:26 AM
As far as OLN is concerned, it's just a matter of time until Comcra... er, Comcast renames it Versus. Why it hasn't happened yet is beyond me, but I'll bet it'll happen just before the new NHL season.
I'm hoping it's because someone clued them into just how stupid that name is.
Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:12 AM
Ain’t America great!!!
Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:31 AM