Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Next channel to be removed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   kathymoore

kathymoore

Legend

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:47 AM

The logical solution is to remove the channels with the lowest number of viewer.
It can't be that hard for DirecTV to figure this out.

As for G4TV.... they still got a lot of viewers, especially since the female hosts
started showing a lot more cleavage... :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   midwave

midwave

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:58 AM

NFL Network, College Sports TV, ESPN News, FreeSpeech TV, ShopAtHomeNetwork, The Water Channel, G4, MTV and MTV2 could ALL be dropped and I'd never even notice....

BUT...if i lose my DVR ability, I'm jumping to DirecTV in a heartbeat!

#43 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,969 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:52 AM

How about AMC. I stopped watching that one when they interrupted the films with commercials.

#44 OFFLINE   jrbdmb

jrbdmb

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:24 AM

NFL Network, College Sports TV, ESPN News, FreeSpeech TV, ShopAtHomeNetwork, The Water Channel, G4, MTV and MTV2 could ALL be dropped and I'd never even notice....

BUT...if i lose my DVR ability, I'm jumping to DirecTV in a heartbeat!

Ack! I watch ESPN News all the time, so I don't have to watch the unbearable SportsCenter on ESPN. NFL Network now has a purpose since it will show real live games, and CSTV has some decent small college stuff.

But I agree with dropping FreeSpech, SAH (think this one is already gone), MTVs. Let's drop Oxygen, Lifetime Movies, TV Guide channel, and Lime while we're at it. :)

#45 OFFLINE   mr_mark_taylor

mr_mark_taylor

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:13 PM

[quote name='Adam Richey']One channel that really needs to go...MSNBC. I mean seriously. Who watches that anymore? Hasn't NBC Universal considered pulling the plug before? /QUOTE]

I believe they've considered cutting the cord before (I think thats why they bought out microsoft's share of the station) but then again, GE may pull the plug on NBCU and sell it

#46 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:23 PM

Hows CNN International? How and where do u get it?

I don't know I Never watch it, I have it on digital cable. As far as I know, Time Warner Cable is the only MSO with CNN IN in the US.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#47 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:26 PM

Fox News

;)

#48 OFFLINE   cbeckner80

cbeckner80

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

How about AMC. I stopped watching that one when they interrupted the films with commercials.

Me too. I sent them an email and told them they had lost a loyal viewer (I'm sure they lost sleep over that:grin: ). Haven't watched it sense.

#49 OFFLINE   lovswr

lovswr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

They need to ditch G4 and bring in The Anime Network to replace it. G4 brings no value to Directv at all.

Oh God yes...I could only dream such a dream oh so, so sweet!

#50 OFFLINE   renov

renov

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

I would have agreed about G4 until they started showing Arrested Development. They need to lose i. They show paid programming like 85% of the time.
Hitachi 51F59
2 x DirectTivo's
1 HR20

spam firewall