Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFLst-superfan hd package

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   aveemo

aveemo

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:20 AM

just purchased new tv hdtv, have hd dtv receiver, recently ordered the nflst and superfan. Do i need to order hd package in addition to get all these features in hd. or does the superfan do it automatic.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   iceman2a

iceman2a

Icon

• Registered
  • 541 posts
  • LocationBOSTON, MA.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

just purchased new tv hdtv, have hd dtv receiver, recently ordered the nflst and superfan. Do i need to order hd package in addition to get all these features in hd. or does the superfan do it automatic.

No, "SuperFan" allows you to watch HD games! Not all ST games are in HD though, but I suspect more this year than last!
HR21-200
HR20/700
2 H21-200

#3 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:03 PM

No, "SuperFan" allows you to watch HD games! Not all ST games are in HD though, but I suspect more this year than last!

Unfortunately not quite true, while Fox will do ALL games in HD, CBS has once again announced they are only doing 3 games a week in HD. No change from last year.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#4 OFFLINE   mndwalsh

mndwalsh

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:37 AM

Unfortunately not quite true, while Fox will do ALL games in HD, CBS has once again announced they are only doing 3 games a week in HD. No change from last year.

more bad news for us Raider fans

#5 OFFLINE   noneroy

noneroy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:29 AM

more bad news for us Raider fans

As if Aaron Brooks wasn't bad enough news :hurah:
(GO COLTS.)

Oops I pressed submit too soon...my question is: Why can't CBS do more than 3 games a week in HD. It is pretty sad that this far into the HD movement and CBS still hasn't upgraded their ability to broadcast HD football. Even the NFL Network is going to show them up. What gives?

#6 OFFLINE   juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:37 AM

Fox "hd" and CBS"HD" are not equal

#7 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,705 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:06 PM

Not overly impressed with Fox HD on football so far but the baseball All-Star game was fantastic. Only have seen one game on CBS HD (football) so far. It was very good (but the game wasn't....pre-season).

But for those 5 or 6 CBS games that are SD each week, I'd rather have middle of the road HD.

#8 OFFLINE   iceman2a

iceman2a

Icon

• Registered
  • 541 posts
  • LocationBOSTON, MA.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:15 PM

Does anybody know if CBS has released a schedule yet of what games will be HD throughout the season?
HR21-200
HR20/700
2 H21-200

#9 OFFLINE   Wolffpack

Wolffpack

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

Are you referring to "CBS, the leader in HD sports broadcasts"?
Series 2 DTivos 6.2 x 5
Series 2.5 DTivos 6.1a x 2
HR10-250s 6.3b: x 2

#10 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

Are you referring to "CBS, the leader in HD sports broadcasts"?

Allegedly..:D
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

Protected By... spam firewall...And...