Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Japanese Channels?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Registered
  • 781 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:02 AM

Does Directv offer any Japanese Channels?

I was looking on their website and they have a bunch of tiered packages like for south asia(korea), italian, etc, but none for Japanese.

#2 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

Dish has Japan TV (NHK). My wife had dish for only that one channel at $30 per month. She loved it so it was worth the money. Eveything else we got on D.

#3 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 781 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:28 PM

I got this reply from Directv today:

Thanks for asking about international programming on DIRECTV. We offer several international channels on an a la carte basis. Over the course of the next several months, we expect to begin carrying international programming in Mandarin, Cantonese and Japanese.

Pricing for international programming varies but you can visit our web site at directv.com/international for more information. At DIRECTV.com, you'll also find details about minimum programming requirements and equipment needed to receive international programming.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to directv.com for the latest about our current international channels and news regarding new channels as they become available.

There's no way I would switch to Dish. It doesn't look like Directv would charge me to upgrade my dish outside so I can't wait to get some tv from Japan!

#4 OFFLINE   grifta67

grifta67

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

Wow good timing to find this post. Just yesterday it occured to me how it makes no sense that D* doesn't offer any Japanese channels.

I can't understand a lick of the language, but I'm somehow still completely enamoured with their programming. As of now, pretty much the only place I get to see it is snippets on tvinjapan.com.

I certainly would be interested in paying an extra $5 a month for ala carte Japanese networks! Of course, I'd have to climb up to the top of my 3 story house to install a new 3 LNB dish, but it will be worth it!

-Sean

#5 OFFLINE   SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

yeah something that kinda had me back and forth... I wanted Dish for Tv Japan but I wanted Direct TV for XM since I have an XM sub for my car.

I went with Direct TV but I hope sometime soon they allow for TV Japan.. I mean someone has to notice this...

I would gladly pay the $25 or $30 extra a month for it.

spam firewall