Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MyNetworkTV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jtfinsfan1

jtfinsfan1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:16 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the new network MyNetworkTV appearing on Directv? My local area is carrying a station to pickup the network but that's all I know. There is no other news I know about if Directv is going to pick it up. Hopefully someone knows some inside info.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,978 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:50 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the new network MyNetworkTV appearing on Directv? My local area is carrying a station to pickup the network but that's all I know. There is no other news I know about if Directv is going to pick it up. Hopefully someone knows some inside info.

It's a network owned by Fox, so I suspect thtat DirecTV will pick it up. MyNetwork consists mainly of the soon-to-be-former UPN or WB stations which did not go over to CW network. The programming will consist (initially, at least) of night-time soap operas.

http://www.mynetworktv.com

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,592 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

If DirecTV carried your former WB or UPN stations, then you'll have this new network, too. Your local WB or UPN station either becomes the new CW affiliate, or the new MyNetworkTV affiliate, starting in September. It should be obvious by now which one is becoming the new CW station because they've been promoting it heavily. The other station will likely become your MyNetworkTV affiliate.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:54 AM

On September 18 upn networks become CW and the WB networks will be My Network Tv and also there might be talk of CW DNS feeds so keep your ears open
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,592 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:07 AM

On September 18 upn networks become CW and the WB networks will be My Network Tv and also there might be talk of CW DNS feeds so keep your ears open

In some markets it's actually the other way around .... the UPN affiliate will become MyNetworkTV and the WB affiliate becomes CW.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#6 OFFLINE   dconfer

dconfer

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:41 AM

In my area we never had a UPN. But we do have a WB. The WB is becoming the CW. They are saying that there is a new station coming called mynetwork. So I wonder since this is new if D* will pick this up for my area?

#7 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:55 AM

In the Dallas area the WB station is becoming CW and an independent station owned by FOX is becoming MYNETWORK. The UPN will not be MYNETWORK.

#8 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:25 AM

The MyNetworkTV station in this area is on channel 3's digital 3 subchannel 2. Won't be available on satellite or most cable systems in this market, at least initially.

#9 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

Actually MyNetwork starts on September 5. UPN and WB are combining to become CW and which station gets that varies by market. Most of the stations left out by that merger are becoming MyNetwork.

#10 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:12 AM

Here in Cleveland our WB is becoming a CW affiliate, the UPN (Owned by Raycom who also runs our CBS affiliate) will be the MyNetwork affiliate.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#11 OFFLINE   Digital Madman

Digital Madman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:46 AM

In my area Mynetwork was suposed to be on the FOX subchannel, but since they
have still not come on the air with a digital signal, they lost out and now the two local "i" channels will become Mynetwork! So long waste of bandwidth Infomercials!:lol:

#12 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:37 PM

Depending on your market, you may already be set up to get MNTV starting Tuesday. In most markets, the new MNTV station (whoever was on the outs between your local UPN/WB affil in the CW deal in most cases) will already be available via DirecTV. It wouldn't surprise me if they put a MNTV affiliate up (as they did with the WB Miami/San Diego) for those viewers who cannot see a MNTV affiliate, but I have heard nothing about logistics as of yet.
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

#13 OFFLINE   rjruby

rjruby

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:45 PM

Same two shows, five nights a week.
What a waste.

#14 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

Same two shows, five nights a week.
What a waste.

They're soap operas. What do you expect?

Supposedly there will be other programming from the network after the first of the year, including a possible weekday morning show.
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

#15 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Icon

• Registered
  • 554 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:14 PM

In El Paso there never was a WB or UPN station over-the-air.

The CW will be on a subchannel fo the ABC affliate and MyNetworkTV will be on a subchannel of the CBS affliate.

We have WB from the East Coast however. Which is extremely odd since we are closer to San Diego and we are on Mountain Time.
It's only tv!

#16 OFFLINE   myselfalso

myselfalso

Godfather

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:03 PM

I never had a WB affiliate in the Harrisburg region through DirecTV. MNTV is on WHP DT2. I'm curious if DirectTV will plug that as a feed to show the network through non-HD boxes.
I have been a DirecTV subscriber since 2005.

A few channels I'd still like to see DirecTV add are:
CSPAN3, the PAC-12 Network(s), BBC World and more international news channels.

#17 OFFLINE   cybok0

cybok0

Godfather

• Registered
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:55 AM

UPN in pittsburgh already has the CW station identification on the screen during the shows.and the wb is also marked as my tv on the guide.
HR22-100, HR24-500
R-16

#18 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:13 AM

Myselfalso: We have Sleuth in our DTV package.

#19 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:24 AM

Sleuth is on channel 308 in all packages (Total Choice or higher).

#20 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

I am surprised that D* has not done more to support network. No feed for white areas, no update on web site to identify stations in the network and no trailers:confused:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...