Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20 is on BestBuy.Com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   reignfade

reignfade

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:10 AM

The HR20 is now available on BESTBUY.com.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   chrisfowler99

chrisfowler99

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:11 AM

Listed as backordered, though...

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:13 AM

Note: I changed your thread title from

HR20 is Here! to HR20 is on BestBuy.com

As the HR20 has been "Here" for over 2 weeks already....
It is just that it is ready to go "national" now..
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   chrisfowler99

chrisfowler99

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:15 AM

It's also listed as the HR20-250. :nono2:

#5 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:53 AM

Backordered just means that they can't sell it for another 2 weeks when it's officially released to all retailers. ;)

#6 OFFLINE   anastasio24

anastasio24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:53 AM

Note: I changed your thread title from

HR20 is Here! to HR20 is on BestBuy.com

As the HR20 has been "Here" for over 2 weeks already....
It is just that it is ready to go "national" now..

If it is "ready" to go national, then why isn't it on the DirecTv site? Why haven't the people that signed up on wait list been emailed? Why is it I can order from Bestbuy or Value Electronics and NOT DirecTv?

Why are the people that spent up to $1000 on the 10-250 and spend $100/month and buy sports packages NOT able to buy this thing?

Why are random people outside the LA area able to keep calling and by chance able to order one of these things and everyone has to wait?

What the hell is wrong with DirecTv? Why do they treat their "valued" customers this way.

Until the unit is available by everyone in the country directly from DirecTv then the unit isn't released and it isn't "ready" to go national.

#7 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:59 AM

If it is "ready" to go national, then why isn't it on the DirecTv site? Why haven't the people that signed up on wait list been emailed? Why is it I can order from Bestbuy or Value Electronics and NOT DirecTv?

Why are the people that spent up to $1000 on the 10-250 and spend $100/month and buy sports packages NOT able to buy this thing?

Why are random people outside the LA area able to keep calling and by chance able to order one of these things and everyone has to wait?

What the hell is wrong with DirecTv? Why do they treat their "valued" customers this way.

Until the unit is available by everyone in the country directly from DirecTv then the unit isn't released and it isn't "ready" to go national.

Did I say "ready to go" nationwide?
Or
Did I say "has gone" nationwide?

The fact that one major retailer and mulitple online retailers are now accepting orders tells me that it is "ready to go" nationwide.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#8 OFFLINE   anastasio24

anastasio24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:07 AM

Did I say "ready to go" nationwide?
Or
Did I say "has gone" nationwide?

The fact that one major retailer and mulitple online retailers are now accepting orders tells me that it is "ready to go" nationwide.

Ok. Please tell me or speculate why DirecTv is not accepting orders and others are? Even if it is going to be early next week or even two weeks, they could start processing orders like other retailers are doing. God know it may be until October before they actually show up for an install but at least they could take the orders like other retailers are.

Maybe I am in the wrong here, but what other major satellite or cable company behaves like this?

#9 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

Ok. Please tell me or speculate why DirecTv is not accepting orders and others are? Even if it is going to be early next week or even two weeks, they could start processing orders like other retailers are doing. God know it may be until October before they actually show up for an install but at least they could take the orders like other retailers are.

Maybe I am in the wrong here, but what other major satellite or cable company behaves like this?

Actually... Most of them. For the last two Dish releases, IIRC they where available from retailers before showing on on Dishnework.com

Same for Comcast, they usually don't even have some of the latest cable-modems and other items there....

The retailer's PRIMARY buisness is selling merchandise.
Some have people that 24/7 update their retail systems and websites, the moment they have numbers and figures and stuff for sale on system.
And most of them are setup to handle "Pre-Orders" for merchandise that is not ready for shipping.... I am sure DirecTV doesnt run on a retail system setup, so their functionality maybe very different when it comes to the "sale" of systems.
Historically... DirecTV.com has always been behind in getting "items" for sale on their website.

Heck... have the major Movie Studios that sell DVD's are usually the last to have their own movies and stuff listed on their sites for sale.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#10 OFFLINE   naldoron

naldoron

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:53 AM

Expecting an email from Dtv this week if we signed up on that list thru DBS? You'd think they way they are so tight-lipped and secretive with information they were the CIA or something like that.

#11 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:03 AM

When has DirecTV ever accepted pre-orders? They will have it on their site the day it's released. Sept 18th has been a date knocked around a bit. If that is the official release date then that is when DirecTV will have it available.

DirecTV isn't in the hardware selling business for the most part. The retailers do 90% of that for them.

#12 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,662 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:06 AM

I noticed Best Buy says that the HR20 has 1 ATSC tuner...

~Alan

#13 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

~Alan

Best buy has a few things wrong in that listing.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#14 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

Expecting an email from Dtv this week if we signed up on that list thru DBS? You'd think they way they are so tight-lipped and secretive with information they were the CIA or something like that.

I have forwarded your mail to the right people here at DBS to get an update.

Earl
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#15 OFFLINE   PoitNarf

PoitNarf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:16 AM

~Alan

And there are pics in Earl's review of the HR20 open and showing that there are 2 ATSC tuners in it. Don't worry, there are 2.

#16 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,662 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

Best buy has a few things wrong in that listing.

Yes, I am aware of that, and you can't really blame Best Buy that much since even DirecTV has a few things wrong (or so it seems) in the Owner's Manual.

#17 OFFLINE   Sknzfan

Sknzfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:26 AM

WOW ! I guess U want to be the first on Your Block to get one and Invite Everyone over to Show it off....:lol:

I can SEE you pacing the Floor now..... Calm down your's will come soon enough.....:D

#18 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:37 PM

From what I have been told, and email should be going out today/tomorrow....
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

#19 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,662 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:45 PM

From what I have been told, and email should be going out today/tomorrow....

An E-Mail should be going out from DirecTV to the people that signed up, or an E-Mail from DBSTalk.com to DirecTV with the information?!

~Alan

#20 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:47 PM

From DirecTV to the people that signed up.

DBSTalk sends the data to DirecTV on a re-occuring basis.... not too long after you signup.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

spam firewall